Application Deadline: March 30, 2020
All over the world, Local Guides are on a mission to help people find the places worth discovering and the experiences worth having. To celebrate the stars of the global community, Connect Live is back and will be better than ever. The fifth flagship global event will be held from October 11 to 14 in the Bay Area. There, Google will host 200 Local Guides Levels 5 and above from around the world.
At Connect Live
Attendees will learn the latest news about Google products, meet Googlers and fellow Local Guides, and discover inspiring ways to improve their contributions. Attendees will also have the opportunity to share their feedback and ideas directly with Googlers. Each year’s specific format and events are kept a surprise, but you can expect learning, friendship, celebration, and the experience of a lifetime.
Flights, transportation, and hotel stays on primary arrival and departure dates will be arranged and paid for by Google. Meals will be covered by Google during the duration of the event. Visa or ESTA fees for one application will also be paid for by Google. However, attendees will be responsible for securing visas on their own, though if necessary, will be provided with an invitation letter to aid with their application.
Join top Local Guides from around the world to share new experiences
Learn from Googlers and fellow Local Guides about how to make the most of your contributions
See the Google campus and discover gems in the Bay Area
To apply to attend Connect Live, you must be an active Local Guide Level 5 or higher and submit a complete application which includes a 1-minute video and a post on localguidesconnect.com.
200 attendees will be selected for an all-expenses-paid trip based on their applications, active contributions on Google Maps, and involvement in the Local Guides community (like being active on Connect or hosting meet-ups).
Applicants will be selected based on a number of factors including, but not limited to:
- The submission of a complete application, with working links, including:
- A 1-minute video message responding to ONE of the prompts provided. Prompts are: Show us around your favorite place on Google Maps and explain what makes it special or tell us how you discovered the Local Guides program and how it has impacted your life. Here are tips for creating your Connect Live 2020 application video.
- A new post on Connect that answers: What is the most interesting thing you’ve done as a Local Guide, or, what does the Local Guides program mean to you? Post your response using the Local Stories topic. Here’s how to write a great Connect post for Connect Live 2020.
- A new list created on Google Maps about any theme, including a title, description, and at least five places. Here are tips for creating a Google Maps list to apply for Connect Live.
- We’ll also be looking for:
- High-quality, well-rounded, and consistent contributions on Google Maps over the past 12 months
- Consistent involvement with the Local Guides community such as actively contributing on Connect or hosting meet-ups
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Google Maps Local Guides Connect Training 2020