Application Deadline: 24th December 2020.
Research happens at Google everyday, on many different embedded teams throughout the company. Our research reaches the user through both services and products such as Search, Maps, Google Assistant, Google Translate, Google Cloud and our computing, storage, and networking infrastructure. To achieve this, we’re working on a wide variety of projects that utilize the latest state-of-the-art technologies that push the boundaries of what is possible.
At Google, research-focused engineering interns are embedded throughout the company, contributing to the setup of large-scale tests and deploying promising ideas quickly and broadly. Ideas may come from internal projects as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world.
From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, research-focused engineering interns work on real-world problems including artificial intelligence, data mining, natural language processing, hardware and software performance analysis, improving compilers for mobile platforms, as well as core search and much more.
Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in one of the specific country locations identified for this role for the duration of the internship program. We will discuss and agree with you what country this will be during the recruitment process.
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt; Dubai – United Arab Emirates; Accra, Ghana; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Moscow, Russia; İstanbul, Turkey; Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
- Currently enrolled in a PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Research experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, and/or Machine Learning from previous internships, work, personal projects, and/or lab work.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages: Java, C++,Python or Go.
- Having published papers (being listed as author) at conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc).
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Ability to design and execute on research agendas.
- Available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks.
- Participate in cutting edge research to develop solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.
Please complete your application before 24th December 2020. Google encourage you to apply as early as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis.
To start the application process, you will need an updated CV or resume and a current unofficial or official transcript in English. Click on the “Apply” button on this page and provide the required materials in the appropriate sections (PDFs preferred):
- 1. In the “Resume Section:” attach an updated CV or resume
- 2. In the “Education Section:” attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Google Research Ph.D. Internship 2021