Application Deadline: September 30th 2015
- Scholarships are open for courses of studies other than Medical & Dental Sciences
- Medium of instruction is English
- Candidates can request for more than one course for securing chances to win a scholarship,identifying their preferences as places are limited in some fields
- There may be instances where requested courses are not possible to offer due to unforeseen circumstances or limited places available in the particular field.
- If the given qualifications by the applicant are not compatible with the entry requirements of the university, those applications may not be successful
- Be a citizen of a country covered by this scholarship.
- A citizen of another country having Sri Lankan dual citizenship is not eligible to apply.
- Candidates with impressive results of an examination deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advance Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to universities in Sri Lanka.
- Applicants are advised to attach the original letter obtained from the Board of Examinations to prove that his/her educational qualifications are equivalent to the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination (Sri Lanka) or qualifications required for admission to a university in their own country to follow a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants should ensure that all required passes should be obtained in one and the same sitting under a recognized Board of Examination
- Age : Be less than 25 years on 30.09.2015
- Free of charge tuition and registration.
- Free Visa for studies
- One-off settlement allowance of LKR 10,000/-.
- A monthly living allowance of LKR 30, 000/-during the study period.
- It is expected that the scholarship recipient will meet the expenditure for food and accommodation with the monthly allowance of LKR 30,000/-
- The relevant university/higher educational institute will assist in finding suitable accommodation
- Reimbursement of cost of air fare (economy class) to come to Sri Lanka and return his/her country after successful completion of studies [Payment is made for original bills only]
- Reimbursement of IELTS/TOEFL examination fees (test results must not be more than 24 months old at the time the application closing date)
Free of charge medical facilities at government hospitals other than dental related diseases.
How to Apply:
- Each applicant should submit duly perfected 3 sets (one original) of applications along with all required documents to his/her government nominating agency.
- Each application should be recommended by the government nominating agency by filling out the section 06 B of the application.
- The government nominating agency of the applicant shall submit the applications with their recommendation to the Sri Lankan mission in his/her country for forwarding the same to the MoHER, Sri Lanka.
- In case a Sri Lankan mission is not present in his /her country, the government nominating agency can forward the applications directly to the MoHER, Sri Lanka
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate
- Certified copies of the academic transcripts of G.C.E A/L and G.C.E O/L or their equivalents.
- Original letter obtained from the Board of Examinations
- Certified copy of IELTS/TOEFL certificat
- Certified copy of the data page of applicant’s passport. The validity of the passport shall remain at least for 1 year after arrival to Sri Lanka
- Medical Certificate
- Police Report
Note : Certified English translation must be provided for all the documents that are not in English.
How to Apply: