Application Deadline: October 17, 2022
The Government of Rwanda led by the Ministry of ICT and Innovation and Rwanda Development Board are bringing Hanga Pitchfest 2022. Hanga Pitchfest aims to provide a unique platform to showcase tech-entrepreneurs and creative talents from all over the country and promote the use of technology and innovation in the Rwandan market.
• Only tech-enabled startups based and registered in Rwanda are allowed to participate.
• The eligibility status is granted only for startups that are less than five years old starting from the registration day.
• Tech startups with market traction are encouraged to apply. However startups should not have raised any venture capital except self-sourcing, angel investors, or family and friends. Startups that may have received grant funding from other incubator programs or hackathons are eligible.
• Only startups with tech-enabled solutions (hardware or software) or with the potential to scale through technology are allowed to apply.
• Unfortunately the minimum criteria for startups is to have a working / developed prototype and not just an idea.
• Only one teammate per company can apply.
• Winner = $50,000.
• First Runner Up = $20,000.
• Second Runner Up = $15000.
• Runner Up (4-5) = $12,500 Each.
• Other Prizes to be offered by Partners.
• During the first round of evaluation, the top startups will be shortlisted by judges drawn from the startup and investor community scoring the startups based on a number of criteria.
• The second round of evaluation will involve physical pitching sessions to a round of judges in 5 locations around Rwanda.
• The top candidates will then be invited for a Bootcamp in Kigali whereby the top 5 companies will then be selected to pitch at the BK Arena on Dec 10.
For More Information: