The Hilton Engineering Graduate Development Program aims to develop the next generation of Chief Engineers for our hotels across the Middle East and Africa. Hiltons’ mission is to be the pre-eminent global hospitality company — the first choice of Guests, Team Members, and Owners alike. Our talent is a key differentiator for us in the marketplace and it is critically important that we attract, retain and deploy the very best people throughout our business.
One of the most recognised names in the industry, Hilton offers travellers a world of authentic experiences. The company continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow’s savvy global travellers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a company’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognised hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton. Because it’s with Hilton where we promise an exceptional Guest Experience every time.
- The objective of the Program is to develop future Hilton Managers through a structured training Program. It gives participants the opportunity to learn by applying theory to working situations and gives them the experience needed to round out their education as well as to prepare them for a future Chief Engineer position.
- This Program is established to be in line with Hilton strategic priorities to attract, develop and retain the best and most diverse talent in the industry. We are in need of a pool of future Chief Engineers who will play a major role in supporting this as well as our current and future expansion goals.
- The future of Engineering Operations will rely on Chief Engineers who possess and demonstrate not only sound technical skills but also effective managers driven by good business acumen, vision and strategic thinking enabling them to thrive in the dynamic, global and competitive working environment.
- The Engineering Graduate Development Program will hire talent from Universities demonstrating sound academics in the field of engineering predominantly covering Mechanical, Electrical andElectromechanical, internal Hilton candidates and from the industry.
- The Graduate Development Program embarks the trainee into a journey of understanding our company culture, hotel operations, broad experience across each function, focused development of skills and expertise required for engineering operations, self-learning and mentoring. The trainee’s ability, aptitude and most importantly commitment will play a great role towards progress to the Chief Engineer role.
The Program will cover all aspects of the Engineering Department
- The duration of this Program is 24 months and is completed in 2 Phases; the first phase is “9” months duration and is a mix of competency and skills development to upgrade the candidates’ technical skills and knowledge.
- The second phase is “15” months duration and is 80% technical and 20% administrative to enforce technical skills in day-to-day operation and to upgrade administrative and managerial skills.
- During both phases there will be a blended learning approach and a variety of learning methods focusing on on-the-job learning, the acquisition of practical skills and knowledge to support the development of our future Chief Engineers where a technical project is presented at the end of each phase.
- Location for this position will be the Hilton Durban South Africa
There are five main criteria for the Program:
1.You must have a Mechanical, Electrical and/or Electromechanical Bachelor’s Degree obtained in the period from July 2016 until August 2018
2.You must speak, read and write English fluently
3.You must be willing/able/eligible to live and work in Durban South Africa
4.You must be fully mobile within the 2 year Program
5.You must have the desire to become a Chief Engineer
If you are successfully offered a place on the Program, placements will start in September 2018 in line with the academic calendar; however candidates who have already graduated may be hired sooner.
- Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will access to the Hilton GO Team Member Travel Program which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. Hilton look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
For More Information: