Application Deadline: May 1, 2023.
- Starts: 4 July 2023
- Duration: Seven months
- Programme fee: £26,000 including flights, university accommodation and meals in Cambridge
- Scholarships: Full and 80% scholarships available
- Application deadline: Sunday 16 April 2023
HP has joined with the Cambridge Partnership for Education, part of Cambridge University Press & Assessment, to support a network of policy leaders who are learning together to use EdTech effectively, so that millions of children in their countries can realise their potential.
As a policy leader focused on Sub-Saharan Africa, you’re invited to apply for the inaugural cohort of a new programme designed to accelerate effective digital transformation in education systems.
This programme is supported by the Digital Education Futures Initiative, Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge and leading EdTech NGO OpenDevEd.
This seven-month blended programme – including a four-day residential module at the University of Cambridge – is designed to build your skills in EdTech, policy, and leadership. You and your peers will learn from each other and our expert faculty through workshops, independent study, and one-to-one coaching. The goal is to empower you to build and lead coalitions for change across different groups of stakeholders.
The initial cohort is open to applications from senior government officials, private sector or NGO leaders who are:
- Working with governments of Sub-Saharan African countries
- Responsible for digital transformation in K12 public schools on a regional or national scale
- Experienced, working in a senior role for at least three years
- Involved in education, ICT, Teaching & Learning, infrastructure, innovation, finance or another department focused on using technology to improve learning
The blended design combines in-person learning with an extended online programme of study, building the connections in your cohort over several months:
- A four-day residential module in Cambridge
- A programme of online collaborative workshops and independent study
- One-to-one executive leadership coaching
- Collaboration with a international peer network of alumni
The fellowship will help you to:
- Develop your skills and confidence to make your national school system more resilient, and make every day learning more effective, accessible and sustainable.
- Prepare you to make the right decisions now to get value for money and seize opportunities in the longer term.
- Connect you to a network of peers working together to accelerate effective EdTech implementation at scale, reverse global trends around learning poverty and shape international discussion.
What You will learn
The fellowship follows a three-strand curriculum, which addresses the following questions:
- EdTech: How can technology be used to improve learning outcomes across your education system?
- Policy: How can you apply User Centred design processes to address challenges in your education system?
- Leadership: How can you mobilise stakeholders from across government and civic society to build and lead a strong coalition for change?
July 2023 – January 2024
• Online modules and coaching: July 2023 – January 2024
• Residential module in Cambridge: September 2023
Three month online course for wider stakeholders: January – March 2024
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the HP/Cambridge Partnership for Education EdTech Fellowship