Application Deadline: 30 November 2017
The Islamic Development Bank established the IDB Prize for Women’s Contribution to Development in 2006 to draw international attention to the vital role women play in developing their communities and the world.
The Prize aims to RECOGNIZE, ENCOURAGE, INSPIRE and REWARD women’s participation in the socio-economic development process.
It aims to:
- the important role of women in IDB member countries and Muslim communities globally
- contributions made by individuals or organizations to improve the socio-economic status of women in IDB member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries
- efforts to improve women’s access to opportunities and resources to help them become active participants in developing their economy and society
- individuals and organizations that offer grants and resources to work towards promoting women’s leadership, engagement and contribution to the socioeconomic development process
- women by promoting exemplary role models
- individuals and organizations to initiate and actively engage in all projects aimed at developing women and building their capacities
- individuals and organizations that are committed to improving the well-being and status of women locally, nationally, and globally
Theme and Topics
In order to highlight various issues shaping our world and their specific effects on women, the theme of the Prize varies each year and is further specified into topics for the individual and organization categories.
The Theme for the 1439H/2018 Prize is “WOMEN’S CONTRIBUTION TO PROMOTING PEACE AND STABILITY”
The Prize consists of two cash awards;
a) U.S. $ 50,000 for a woman or a group of women
b) U.S. $ 100,000 for an organization
The Prize is awarded during the Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors.
Deadline for Nominations: 30 November, 2017
To Nominate or Request Information, Please Contact;
Capacity Development Department
Islamic Development Bank
P.O. Box 5925 Jeddah 21432
Tel: +966 12 646-6351/6319
Fax: +966 12 646-7828
Or alternately care of one of the following IDB Regional/Gateway Offices:
IDB Regional Office in Rabat
IDB Regional Office in Kuala Lumpur
IDB Regional Office in Almaty
IDB Regional Office in Dakar, Senegal
IDB Group Gateway Office, Turkey
IDB Group Gateway Office, Indonesia
Announcement of the Prize Winners
Prize Winners will also be announced through the following channels:
- Members of the IDB Board of Governors.
- Members of the IDB Board of Executive Directors.
- NGOs & Women’s Organizations that are partners of the IDB.
- International and IDB member countries’ media.
- The IDB Women Advisory Panel Members.
- IDB Website.
Prizes will be awarded during the 43rd Board of IDB Governors Meeting scheduled to take place in Tunis, Tunisia in April 1439H ( 2018G)
For More Information: