Application Deadline: 18 December 2023.
With the CCP Fellowships, the CrossCulture Programme (CCP) funds professionals and committed volunteers from more than 40 countries each year. During two to three months of work-related stays in host organisations in Germany or CCP partner countries, participants deepen their expertise, establish new contacts and acquire intercultural skills. In turn, the host organisations benefit from the expertise, regional knowledge and networks of the CCP Fellows. Participants can also attend transcultural workshops, networking and professional events hosted by the CCP. After returning to their daily working lives, participants then bring the experience they have gained into their home organisation.
In 2024, fellowships will be offered as digital as well as on-site fellowships. Subject to funding by the German Federal Foreign Office and based on their personal situation and COVID-19 entry requirements, participants may decide on one of these two options.
Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bhutan, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Georgia, Germany, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritania, Mexico, Mongolia, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Republic of Moldova, Russia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
- The applicant must be at least 23 years old at the time of the application.
- At least two years of proven professional experience or volunteer work in a civil society organisation in the country of origin.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- The applicant is in good health for a longer stay abroad.
- The applicant has been or is socially engaged for the long term.
- The applicant can prove full-time experience in their field of work.
- A collaboration with an organisation in the target country is in progress or planned.
- The applicant possesses further language skills, particularly German.
Fellowships are principally awarded to people working in one of the following fields:
- Policy and society
- Media and culture
- Human rights and peace
- Sustainable development and climate justice
In addition, in 2024, the following key topic will also be focussed on:
- Circular economy
- Gender and diversity
Eligibility criteria: Students cannot participate in the programme. A scholarship cannot be awarded if the intended recipient already receives another scholarship at the same time.
Primarily, CCP Fellowships promote civil society actors, strengthening them in their work. This includes the following support and offers:
- Collaboration with a guest organisation from the CCP network, either on site or online
- Mentoring for the duration of the fellowship
- Online / on site professional training in the fellow’s field of work, taking their individual and professional aims into account
- Networking with other CCP Fellowship holders
- Inclusion in the CCP alumni network
- For fellowship holders focussing on one of the key topics of CCP: participation in a professional event
ifa will cover the following costs for participants from abroad:
- a monthly stipend of 650 euros plus the coverage of costs for round-trip airfare, accommodation, monthly public transportation ticket within the fellow’s city of residence, health insurance, reimbursement of any visa fees incurred
ifa will cover the following costs for participants from Germany:
- a monthly stipend of 1.200 euros, reimbursement of round-trip airfare, reimbursement of any visa fees incurred, health insurance
Participants are not meant to take family members such as spouses or children with them. The ifa does not cover any costs or assume any responsibility for further persons. The scholarship amount listed above is subject to funding approval by the German Federal Foreign Office.
- Select the appropriate country call for applications on this application portal.
- Complete the application form and upload your documents. Since the application system cannot cache any input, all documents should be ready for the upload at the start of the application.
- Submit the completed application online via the application portal.
- Curriculum vitae in English with details about education/training, work experience, volunteering and other skills
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor in the applicant’s home organisation/workplace in the applicant’s country of origin, using this template
- Photo is optional
- Selected applicants will be informed accordingly by e-mail, presumably in April 2024. Programme participation will subsequently take place in the period May-November 2024.
For More Information: