Application Deadline: June 30th 2020
Are you an early-stage startup based in the Somali region? Are you working at the cutting edge of innovation, or developing a tech-enabled product or service addressing a big local need? Are you passionate about your business idea? Apply for Innovate Accelerator today!
Innovate Ventures is the leading Somali start-up accelerator and technology fund. The program partners with VC4A, Telesom, and Oxfam as part of Work in Progress! project. To date, the program has graduated over 50 start-ups and has invested almost $100,000 in its graduates. As part of the acceleration package, you will receive training, mentorship by domain experts, access to an extensive business network, visibility, and a chance to get investment.
- 12-week intensive training and mentoring on business and operational skills
- Access to leading telecoms and banks in the Somaliland and Somalia
- Pitching in front of local and international investors
- Features in local and international media
- Equity funding for at least 3 startups of up to $30,000.
- Your business is based in Somaliland or Somalia
- Your business is technology-oriented
- The founders are between 18-35 years old
- The founders are committed to attending the accelerator programme in Hargeisa
- Complete the application form before June 30th to qualify for the accelerator program. You will hear back from the Innovate Ventures team within four weeks whether your start-up has been selected.
- If selected, you will be asked to participate in our 1-week pre-accelerator bootcamp. After the bootcamp, 12 startups will advance to the main program. The program will take place in Hargeisa.
- The program will conclude in a Demo Day, where start-ups will pitch to a room full of local and international investors and media. The top 3 start-ups will receive up to $30,000 in equity investment from the Innovate Ventures Fund.
For More Information: