- In the category Production & Post-production the following countries can not apply: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Mexico.
- The director of the project should have the nationality of a country as defined on the DAC-list and primarily live and work in this country.
- In addition the production company attached to the project must be based in a country on the DAC list. If a production company from a non-DAC list country is attached to the project, it is also necessary that the project has a producer and production company based in a country on the Dac-list. In this case, the application to the fund must be filed by this producer.
- If a project is selected, the contribution must be spent in a country on the DAC-list. A project can be submitted only once for each category.
- A project can be submitted for Project Development and at a later deadline for Production or Post-Production, whether or not the Project Development submission was successful.
- Read the Regulations to see if your project meets the basic criteria.
- Complete an entry form. (available on MyIDFA)
- For a production or post-production application, post a video on Vimeo or YouTube containing audiovisual material from the project. This could be a trailer, an edited sequence or an introduction to the subject or subjects. The video must be in English or have English subtitles, and it must remain online for at least two months following the deadline. Send the link to [email protected] If possible, please allow for free viewing of the material (no password required).
- Project development:
A contribution for project development can be spent on research and on the development of a script and/or on the production of a trailer. It must be spent in a developing country. The maximum contribution for project development is €5,000. (You are allowed to include 1 DVD of your previous work if it is relevant to the project.)
A contribution for production can be spent on all forms of production, but it must be spent in a developing country. The maximum contribution for this category is €17,500.
A contribution for post-production can be spent on all forms of post-production, but it must be spent in a developing country. The maximum contribution for this category is €17,500.
- Other activities (Documentary festivals):
Please note that applications for this category are unsure for 2014. Applications can not be submitted for the February deadline. In March the fund will announce if applications will be accepted for the May deadline. (A contribution for a documentary festival can be spent on all forms of festival organization, but it must be spent in a developing country. The maximum contribution for this category is €15,000.)