Application Deadline: noon GMT (UK time) on 14 February 2020
Future News Worldwide is a partnership programme between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organisations. The aim is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
British Council is looking for 100 of the world’s most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training programme. You’ll receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
Future News Worldwide 2020 will take place on 14 and 15 July at Sky’s global headquarters in London. The conference is free for successful applicants and travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
You can apply if you’re an undergraduate or postgraduate student or recent graduate and aged 18-25. Applications are welcome from anywhere in the world.
The prize consists of a place at the Future News Worldwide 2020 conference, and inclusion in the Future News Worldwide alumni network.This includes the following
•Return travel from local airport to London for the dates of the Conference
•The application fee of one Standard Service visa application (if required)
•Catering on the following basis
•14 and 15 July -all meals
•16July –breakfast only
Winners are responsible for all other costs, including travel to local airport and visa centres, visa application postage and photocopying if applicable
If you’re a student or a recent graduate who’s passionate about journalism then we want to hear from you! Whether you’re a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 as long as you meet the eligibility requirements below.
To apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020 you must:
- be aged 18-25 on 1 July 2020
- be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2018
- be a native speaker of English OR be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 11 – 16 July 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: if you are shortlisted for a place at the conference you will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student status and English language ability).
Before starting your application, have the following documents to hand:
- Professional reference from your editor, manager, teacher or past employer
- English language qualification certificate (if you have one).
Applications close at noon GMT (UK time) on 14 February 2020
All answers must be submitted using the online application form. If you experience any technical difficulties please contact us: [email protected].
Please download, read and make sure you understand the terms and conditions and competition rules (below) before starting your application.
For More Information: