Submission Deadline: 4th September 2016
International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) International Photo Competition aims at demonstrating the promise and power of renewable energy as the solution to a wide range of social, economic and environmental challenges. Competition entries should be thought-provoking, surprising, beautiful, dramatic, or entertaining – and hopefully all of the above!
- Tells a compelling story about renewable energy solutions
- Originality and artistic merit
- Quality of the photo (technical excellence, composition, lighting etc.)
- Dramatic impact
- Participants may submit up to three photos.
- Competition entry is free of charge.
- The competition opens at 06:00 GMT on 4 April 2016, and closes a 00:00»GMT»on»4»September»2016
- Participants must accept the Photo Competition Rules and Conditions.
- In high-quality JPEG (.jpg or .jpeg) digital format
- At least 3,000 pixels in length
- Saved at 300 pixels/inch resolution
- High-quality scans of non-digital photographs are acceptable
- Digital files can be saved as 8 bit RGB with the JPEG image compression option set at quality level 8 (80%) or higher.
- Digital photographs should be shot at the highest resolution possible.
- An embedded ICC profile is required. Adobe RGB or sRGB is recommended for color images, Gamma 2.2 for black and white
- Each submitted image should not be more than 2 GB in size
- The first place winner will receive an all-inclusive trip to Abu Dhabi at the time of the seventh session of the IRENA Assembly and the World Future Energy Summit (WFES) in January 2017.
- The top five photos will be exhibited at the seventh session of the IRENA Assembly and WFES, where they will be seen by thousands of energy professionals from around the world.
- The top photos will also be displayed at the IRENA Headquarters building in Abu Dhabi.
How to Submit Your Photo:
- Please upload your photos here: www.irena.org/photocompetition/
- Photographers will be notified by email that their submission has been received.
- Winning photographers will be notified by email by : 15th October 2016
For More Information: