IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, helps the world find pragmatic solutions to our most pressing environment and development challenges. It is the world’s oldest and largest global environmental organisation, with almost 1,300 government and NGO Members and more than 15,000 volunteer experts in 185 countries. Its work is supported by almost 1,000 staff in 45 offices and hundreds of partners in public, NGO and private sectors around the world.
• Develop relevant tools for parks governance, management and monitoring, based on the methodologies elaborated with/by the WCPA (such as the Green List of PAs),
• Build the capacities of parks managers and their partners in Africa on these methodologies and tools, through regional, national or local training programs on PA management and governance.
• Provide targeted technical support to duly selected sites/organizations where a good potential for improvement is detected (for instance to build their sustainability).
After the success of the first session of this MOOC on protected areas management (MOOC-GAP), two decisions were taken: (1) the MOOC-GAP shall be translated into English. This means all course material (ppt, courses summary, relevant material linked to the courses) will be translated. (2) other MOOCs will be created but will be developed in French and English at the same time.
The tasks of Papaco’s intern will be to assists the team for the translation of all the course material for the MOOC-GAP and help with the creation of new material for the next MOOC, on ecological monitoring. He/she should also be able to participate to discussion on the forum, groups and online chat of the MOOC and may be involved in other tasks such as social media management, website update, etc.
|• Excellent writing skills in English (candidates whose first language is not English will not be considered)
• Strong knowledge of French (as this will be the language to translate from)
• Involved in a university degree (bachelor or masters) in any relevant matter, especially translation, medias, edition etc.
• Interest for nature conservation (studies or personal interest)
• Familiarity with Microsoft office
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST).
For More Information: