Application Deadline: 24th August, 2018.
DBAR is an international research program for promoting cooperation with countries along the Belt and Road route to advocate and demonstrate the smart use and application of “Big Earth Data” in support of the sustainable development of people and economies at the local, national and regional levels. “Disaster management” is one of the key pillars of sustainable development in the DBAR, along with coastal zone management, agriculture and food security, environmental changes, urban development and heritage conservation.
In response to the needs of developing countries along Belt and Road in disaster risk reduction to tackle the natural and human-induced environmental disaster, Digital Belt and Road Program (DBAR), jointly with Integrated Research on Disaster Risk (IRDR) International Programme Office (IPO), IRDR China National Committee (IRDR CHINA), Institute of Remote Sensing and Digital Earth (RADI),Chinese Academy of Sciences(CAS) and CAS-TWAS Centre of Excellence on Space Technology for Disaster Mitigation (SDIM) conducted an international research program (DBAR-Disaster) to strengthen science capacities for sustainable development and disaster risk reduction.
In 2018, we will organize the International Training Workshop on Big Earth Data for Disaster Risk Reduction. With the objective of strengthening the experience of Big Earth Data applications for DRR, and enhancing the use of various data in DRR application platform. The workshop will provide a scientific and practical guide on DRR to the participants from developing countries along Belt and Road.
Date & Place
- Date: 30 October-5 November, 2018
- Place: Beijing, China
- Young academicians and researchers in the field of disaster risk reduction
- Young practitioners from national/ local governments and civil society organizations
- As the number is limited to 20 people, only those who are qualified can be selected as formal participants. Female applicants will be given priority.
- Those applicants who have been selected will be provided round-trip international airfares between their home countries and Beijing (economy class), and the local expenses such as board and lodging, field tour, local transportation, etc. during the workshop.
(1) Applicants fill in the attached International Training Workshop Application Forms and submit them to the SDIM Secretariat at [email protected] or by fax +86-10-8217-8959. Application deadline is 24th August, 2018.
(2) The selection group will routinely examine the applications and notify the applicants of the decisions. Invitations will be sent to the selected applicants for visa formalities at the same time.
For More Information: