Application Deadline:15 September 2020.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), otherwise known as the Konrad Adenauer Foundation, is a German political foundation named after the first chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany. KAS operates worldwide with the aim to promote democracy through political education and training.
Since 1999 KAS has funded an internship programme, run by SAIIA in conjunction with the University of the Witwatersrand.
- This internship programme provides successful candidates with the opportunity of enrolling for a Masters degree by course work in International Relations, Development Studies, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism at Wits, while simultaneously working at SAIIA.
- The successful applicants have to meet the entry requirements for a Masters degree at Wits, namely a minimum average of 70%, and should not be older than 30 years.
- The duration of the internship is from February to November each year.
- Successful candidates receive a full bursary for their tuition fees and a monthly stipend to cover their living costs and accommodation.
KAS also funds an internship programme in conjunction with SAIIA’s Cape Town branch and the University of Cape Town. It is essential that any applicant to the SAIIA/KAS Cape Town-based scholarship must apply to, and be admitted into the UCT Politics Department’s Masters Programme (which includes five separate streams, namely: Public Policy and Admin; Political Science; International Relations; Justice and Transformation; and Politics, Philosophy & Economics).
The programme is output-focused and the KAS-SAIIA scholars, who are assigned to mentors, generally go on to high-profile and high-powered positions in public and private life. The scholars are supported in honing their methodological, research and writing skills, and are encouraged to:
- Co-publish newspaper articles on topics relevant to the work of SAIIA and their studies;
- Co-author articles in SAIIA publications; and
- Improve their presentation and organisational skills.
To apply, kindly forward the following information by email to [email protected]:
- A letter of motivation outlining your research interests and how you hope to use the skills gained at SAIIA in the long term;
- A full CV;
- Two written references (with names, addresses and phone numbers);
- June Honours degree results and academic transcripts of previous degrees; and
- One example of written work not exceeding 2500 words on a topic of your choice.
For More Information: