Application Deadline:April 27th, 2020.
Having supported thousands of students in their studies in numerous scholarship programmes around the world,
The Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS) is expending its international network of scholars by inviting new candidates
into the programme. Do not miss the opportunity to apply! Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Uganda & South Sudan therefore launches its annual call for applications for Ugandan students pursuing Master’s degrees in Uganda.
In this line, the foundation pays special recognition to young people as key pillars for building sustainable
democracy and promoting good governance in the present and for the future. KAS therefore offers opportunities
for moral and material support for gifted young people to gain academic qualifications and skills in democracy,
local governance and development disciplines through local scholarships. The scholarships are targeted towards
aspiring future leaders across a range of social, political, and economic fields. Applicants will have to prove their
leadership potential in order to be considered for the scholarship.
Courses and Universities
- KAS accepts applications in the fields of social sciences (preferably with a focus on studies in the areas of
governance and international relations) and in the field of economics (preferably with a focus on studies in the areas of innovation and sustainability).
- KAS Uganda & South Sudan offers scholarships to Master’s students who are enrolled at an accredited institution with sound educational quality.
The Scholarship Package
- For successful candidates, the scholarship will cover the cost of tuition as charged by the university for the
duration of one year. Scholars have the possibility of extending their scholarships if they have met all the
deadlines and requirements for submissions.
- Additionally, KAS will provide a stipend for learning materials and books amounting to 1,000,000 UGX per term.
- The student is expected to meet further costs, such as transport, research and other study expenses, on their own or through other sources.
- Scholars have access to the KAS networks and are presented with unique learning opportunities through
networking events and further resources. They are expected to regularly contribute to these networking opportunities and to submit term reports on their personal and professional progress as well as contribution to KAS.
Eligibility / Selection Criteria
➢ Applicants must be citizens of Uganda and should not be older than 35 years;
➢ Applicants must show a record of commitment to and engagement in the broader KAS network;
➢ Applicants must have completed a Bachelor’s degree and provide proof of academic excellence in
previous levels of education;
➢ Applicants must show their motivation to undertake the particular course;
➢ Applicants holding leadership positions or portraying potential for future leadership have an added
➢ Applicants with current or past employment in relevant programme areas and/or engagement in social,
developmental and/or political sphere(s) have an additional advantage;
➢ Priority will be given to applicants with genuine financial needs.
• A motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) providing the following information:
o An explanation of the reason for applying for support from KAS;
o A statement of the applicant’s academic goals and interests;
o An outline of the applicant’s past engagements with KAS;
o A description of the relevant work experience (or social political engagements) related to the
chosen programme of study;
o An outline of the applicant’s career objectives and how the study programme will help in the
achievement of these goals;
• Complete and up-to-date curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages);
• Copies of relevant transcripts from schools or universities;
• Proof of admission to your institution or evidence of having applied for any of the programmes under
the scholarship scheme;
• Two letters from referees (professional or academic), signed and sealed.
Submission of applications
Deadline for application is April 27th, 2020.
Applications may be turned in as follows:
Via email: [email protected]
Or via post: Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, P.O. Box 647, Kampala
Or delivered: Plot 51A, Prince Charles Drive, Kololo
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information, please refer to our website www.kas.de/uganda or contact Ms. Rhona Rugambwa on
Tel. +256-(0)393-262011/2 or email: [email protected]
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Scholarships 2020