Application Deadline: 14th May, 2017.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS), in collaboration with Uganda Martyrs University (UMU) announces scholarships for Bachelor and Masters degree programmes in four disciplines, namely:
(1) Local Governance and Human Rights (Bachelor and Masters Degree),
(2) Democracy and Development Studies (Bachelor Degree),
(3) Development Studies (Masters Degree),
(4) Research and Public Policy (Masters Degree).
The scholarships are targeted towards aspiring future leaders across a range of social, political, and economic fields. Applicants will have to prove their leadership potential in order to be considered for the scholarship.
Eligibility / Selection Criteria
- Applicants must be citizens of either Uganda or South Sudan and should not be more than 30 years for bachelors programmes, and 35 years for masters programmes;
- Applicants must have proof of academic excellence in previous levels of education;
- Applicants shall provide a motivational letter indicating why they desire to undertake the particular course; applicants holding leadership positions or portray potential for future leadership may have an added advantage;
- Current or past employment in relevant programme areas and/or engagement in social, developmental and/or political sphere(s) may be an additional advantage;
- Priority will be given to applicants with genuine financial needs;
The Scholarship Package
- For successful candidates, the scholarship shall cover the cost of tuition and the residential workshops as charged by the university. The student is expected on his/her own or through other sources to meet the cost of transport, books, research and other expenses on the study.
- Successful candidates from South Sudan shall have the cost for international air or bus tickets to Uganda as well as their visa for the residential workshops covered under the scholarship. The student shall however still meet all costs of inland travel either in Uganda or South Sudan.
1) A personal statement (letter of motivation) providing the following information:
• An explanation of the reason for applying for financial support from KAS
• A statement of the applicant’s academic goals and interests
• A description of the relevant work experience (or social political engagements) related to the chosen programme of study
• An outline of the applicant’s career objectives and how the study programme will help in the achievement of these goals
2) A complete and up-to-date curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages);
3) Copies of relevant transcripts from schools or universities;
4) Proof of admission to UMU or evidence of having applied for any of the programmes under the scholarship scheme;
5) Two letters from referees (professional or academic), signed and sealed.
Please note: Complete applications must include all the above stated requirements. Applications missing any of the requirements will not be considered.
Complete Applications should be addressed to:
The Country Representative Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung and be delivered as follows:
Either by email to:
Cc: [email protected]
Or by post to
P.O. Box 647, Kampala
Or hand delivered to
Plot 51A, Prince Charles Drive, Kololo
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 14th May, 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note: Interested candidates are encouraged to contact Uganda Martyrs University as soon as possible to seek information about admissions for the different programmes.
For More Information: