Deadline: October 22nd 2013
The South African Reserve Bank has an extensive art collection that includes works in many different media produced from the early twentieth century to the present day. As part of its commitment to supporting and growing a new generation of South African artists, the Bank offers an annual art scholarship to a final year Fine Art student at a university or university of technology in Gauteng Province, South Africa.
Details of scholarship
The art scholarship is open to students who will be entering the final year of an undergraduate Fine Art degree in 2014.
The scholarship is open to students registered at a university or university of technology in the Gauteng Province.
The value of the art scholarship is R50 000.
As part of the art scholarship, the student will participate in a mentorship programme and will be expected to donate one artwork from his or her graduate show to the Bank.
Documentation to be submitted:
1. Application form
2. Photographic reproductions of 3 to 5 artworks
3. Artist statement (maximum 300 words about yourself, your art, why you think you should receive this scholarship and your need for financial support)
4. Full academic transcript to mid-2013
5. A certified copy of your South African identity document (all applicants must be South African citizens).
How to submit your application:
Submit the required information electronically to the following email address:
1. Applicants will be shortlisted based on artwork submitted, artist statement and academic results.
2. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed at the Bank’s Head Office in Pretoria.
3. The successful candidate will be notified after submission of final 2013 results and proof of registration for 2014.