Deadline: November 15, 2013
The PhotoPhilanthropy Activist Awards identify outstanding work done by photographers in collaboration with nonprofit organizations worldwide and awards prizes ranging from $2,000-$15,000. In previous years, work was submitted on behalf of 435 nonprofit organizations from 88 different countries.
Categories and Prizes
Photo essays must be entered into one of three categories. Two finalists in each category will also be announced.
- Professional Photographer – $15,000 Grand Prize: Any individual who earns the majority of their living from photography or has been professionally trained.
- Amateur Photographer – $2,000 Grand Prize: Any individual who does not earn the majority of their income from photography.
- Student Photographer – $2,000 Grand Prize: Any current student with less than two years of professional work including internships.
- Mobile Photography Award – $2,000 Grand Prize: Open to all photographers irrespective of their skill level.
For the first time in its history, PhotoPhilanthropy offers this year a mobile photography award in addition to its traditional student, amateur, and professional category awards for most compelling documentary photography essays completed on behalf of nonprofits. Each photographer whose work is accepted receives a page on our website and exposure to a growing audience of concerned and committed global citizens.
Photo essays must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Submitted photos must depict the work of a charitable organization (designated by 501(c)3 in the US, or international equivalent) and be presented as a photo essay. Collaboration with the charitable organization will be verified.
- All photographs in the essay must have been taken within the last 3 years.
- Photographers may enter no more than two essays in the same year.
- An essay entered in a previous year of the competition may not be re-entered.
- All submissions will be reviewed by the PhotoPhilanthropy team for accuracy of information.
- Written essays may be edited for clarity.
How to Submit Your Photos
Photo essays must be entered into one of three categories. Please select the category that best represents your status in order to reach the submissions page:
- Professional Photographer: Any individual who earns the majority of their living from photography.
- Amateur Photographer: Any individual who does not earn the majority of their income from photography.
- Student Photographer: Any current student with less than two years of professional work including internships.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the PhotoPhilantropy Activist Awards
Email: email: [email protected].