Application Deadline: August 5, 2022
Open to university students of all ages based anywhere on earth, the Ericsson Innovation Awards competition recognize innovative concepts that use technology to solve global challenges – and Imagine Possible. This year we are challenging you to ‘Impact our Sustainable Future’.
Imagine decreasing food shortages while cleaning up oceans or addressing fashion waste while supporting gender equality. Taking inspiration from the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs), identify an interconnected challenge to tackle with your team and create a new innovative tech solution that can make a lasting change.
1. Each team should comprise of at least two, but no more than four members.
2. Choose your EIA team country and University that you want to represent. If your team members are from different countries/from different universities, we suggest you to pick the University and Country most of you are from.
3. When selecting the EIA Region, make sure to double-check in which Ericsson Innovation Awards region your country is listed.
4. When describing your idea, ensure you answer each of the four questions in the blue boxes below. The jury will score you based on the answers of those questions.
5. Less is more – do not over complicate your answers, be direct and clear.
6. NEW this year! The first 50 complete submissions to this year’s EIA will have the opportunity to receive written guidance and feedback from Ericsson. This is a unique opportunity to refine your idea and fine-tune your final entry. You will be able to re-submit your idea after you check the feedback received.
7. You can edit your submission up to the deadline day, August 5th at 13.00 PM CEST, by using the Edit Submission link you receive in your confirmation email.
|First-place prize||25,000 EUR|
|Second-place prize||15,000 EUR|
|Third-place prize||5,000 EUR|
|Regional winners||1,000 EUR|
Note: All prizes are before tax
For the fourteen teams who have progressed through to the semi-finals of the competition, new challenges await. Students must now expand their original ideas by submitting the following deliverables:
Phase 2: Semi-Finalist – Business case build up
Deadline: 30th October 13:00 (CEST)
Semi-finalists will receive mentorship from a dedicated Ericsson team to expand their ideas further. At the end of the mentorship phase, they will be required to submit a Business Case Framework Document outlining their original idea in greater detail.
Phase 3: Grand Finale – Business case pitch
Grand Finale submissions are comprised of two parts:
1. Pre-Read Submission
Deadline Friday 10th December
With the support of your mentors, you will need to submit the following:
- Evolved business case – develop the initial Business case document you submitted for Phase 2
- Marketing Pamphlet (1 page, front and back)
- A two-minute video pitch
2. Live Presentation
Week commencing 12th December 2022, timings to be advised)
Finalists will have a 20-minute slot to make a virtual presentation to the EIA Grand Jury (10 minutes dedicated to the presentation, with 10 minutes for questions).
The winning team may be asked to meet in person or virtually with media representatives from Ericsson or other publications.
Ideas are assessed against three key criteria: desirability, feasibility and viability. A matrix is used to determine a score of between 1 and 10 for each of these three criteria.
|16th June 13.00 CEST||Early submissions|
|5th Aug 13.00 CEST||Registration close|
|6th Sept 13.00 CEST||Semi-finalists announced|
|30th Oct 13.00 CEST||Semi-finalists submission|
|15th Nov 13.00 CEST||Finalists announced|
|6th Dec 13.00 CEST||Finalists submissions|
|14th Dec||Grand finale|
For More Information: