Application Deadline: Wednesday 8 June, 2022 (midnight, in your timezone)
Part of the AstraZeneca Young Health Programme (YHP) Step Up! provides grants of up to US$10,000 to help small, innovative, youth-focused non-profits develop and deliver effective health promotion programmes – with an emphasis on under-resourced and marginalised communities in low- and middle-income countries.
Grants of up to USD $10,000 will be awarded to support the delivery of approximately 20 projects which:
- strengthen health systems
- improve equitable access
- enable the next generation of young healthcare leaders (age 18-35) to prevent non-communicable diseases (NCDs) among young people (age 10-30 years)
- can be completed within a 12 month period, not starting before January 2023
- aims to prevent NCDs among young people
- empowers young healthcare leaders to address the primary risk factors – tobacco use, harmful use of alcohol, physical inactivity, unhealthy diet, and exposure to air pollution – that contribute to NCDs
- develops the knowledge and capacity of future healthcare leaders (under 35 years old) through NCD prevention education. This might include working with medical students, community health workers, caregivers or young people following a healthcare career pathway.
- is sustainable (eg can be scaled up or implemented in other communities/settings)
- is working to improve equitable access for diverse members of the community
- can show existing partnerships at a local level which will lead to a strengthened local or national health systems
- is run by an organisation with an income and capacity to deliver a grant of this size
- is structured to provide evidence of at the conclusion of the project of what has been delivered, outcomes for young people and what has been learned in preventing NCDs
For More Information: