Application Deadline: March 31st 2014
2014 SADC Media Awards Competition. Prospective entrants are invited to submit their entries accompanied by proof of their nationality to the National Adjudication Committee (NAC) in their respective countries
The South Africa Development Community Awards serve as part of ensuring a link, coordination and synchronisation between formal structures of SADC governments, civil society, academia, labour and the media.
In pursuit of the promotion of regional integration and cooperation (cross-border issues), the awards aim to recognise excellence in journalism in the area of print, photo, television, radio as well as to encourage media practitioners in member states to cover issues pertaining to the region.
The competition also consists of the Water Media Awards which are aimed at recognising stories that promote Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) in the SADC region.
- Print Journalism,
- Radio Journalism,
- Television Journalism and
- United Republic of Tanzania
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- South Africa
- The winners will be announced and receive their prizes during the 34th SADC Summit of Heads of State and Government;
- The Awards will include Print, Radio, Television and Photo journalism and each category carries a prize of US$2000.00.
- The monetary prizes will be accompanied by a certificate signed by the SADC Chairperson;
- The prizes will be paid directly to the winner. In the case of a winner being unable to attend the ceremony, SADC will make arrangements to give the prize in his/her home country;
Entries need to be posted or delivered to MDDA or GCIS offices marked:
SADC Media Awards Entry or SADC Media Awards Entry
MDDA – 4th Floor GCIS
31 Princess of Wales Terrance 1035 Francis Baard Street
Parktown, Johannesburg Hatfield, Pretoria
For More Information: