Submission Deadline: 30th May 2015
Open to: This competition is open to women filmmakers, professional journalists, and students living in Cameroon.
Prize: 100,000 CFA
The world is plunged into a series of seemingly endless conflicts. Conflicts of different directions and categories:
- Political, threatening the stability of states
- Social (strikes, protests, rallies for rights, frustration among the youth…)
- In the household (violence against women, rape, parental irresponsibility, juvenile delinquency …). The family, which is the nucleus of society and therefore of humanity, is in a permanent state of conflict.
Recognizing this challenge, The Mis Me Binga Association, A.DAM.IC (the Association of Women of the Image of Cameroon) with the support of the Goethe Institute, and in collaboration with CINEPRESS (the Association of journalists and film critics of Cameroon) are organizing a competition of short documentary film projects. This competition is open to women filmmakers, professional journalists, and students living in Cameroon.
The competition is launched under the theme « Empowerment of women for better management of social cohesion, crises and conflicts. »
The terms of reference of the competition are:
- Stability of the country
- Social cohesion
- Household management
- Management of unresolved situations
- War and political stability.
- The candidates will make a film (fiction, documentary or reportage) for a period of 3, 6, 13 minutes. Each selected project is developed under the supervision of an internationally recognized Cameroonian professional.
- A complete shooting kit and crew are made available to the team for each project selected by the partnering associations. The films produced are the property of MIS ME BINGA.
- The films may be in French or English and must be subtitled in one language or the other depending on the language of the shooting.
- Films must be submitted in two (02) copies on DVD.
The winner of the competition will receive a sum of 100,000 CFA francs.
- Film projects must be deposited at the Goethe-Institut in a sealed envelope marked ‘Binga Talent 2015 on 30 May 2015 midnight at the latest.
- Each project must be accompanied by a completed registration form to the following address: [email protected] or submitted at the reception desk of the Goethe-Institut located at Bastos (Public School).
- Candidates residing outside of the city of Yaoundé may send their film by post to: 1077 rue Mballa Eloumden BP 1067 Goethe Kamerun Institut.
For More Information:
Concurs Binga Talent 2015
1077, Rue Joseph Mballa Eloumdem
S/c Goethe-Institut, BP: 1067 Bastos
Email: [email protected]
For More Information: