Application Deadline: July 31st 2015
Recognizing leaders and organizations using the power of technology to drive change
ITU and UN Women are pleased to announce the call for nominations for the 2015 GEM TECH Awards.
2015 is an important year for the global community. We are celebrating the 20 year anniversary of the Beijing Platform for Action [link] and for this year’s awards, will look to efforts that have used ICTs to realize progress in its implementation. In 2015, we are also putting in place a new global framework on sustainable development for the next 15 years.
Gender equality and women’s empowerment is a central goal and ICTs have been recognized as a key means of implementation.
The GEM TECH awards can play an important role in highlighting what works and where initiatives can be scaled and further investments made. Moreover, they showcase the tremendous talent and determination of women to ensure that technology and its application are relevant and responsive to their needs.
- Application of Technology for Women’s Empowerment: Recognizing applications of technology across all sectors, and particularly the pillars of the Beijing Platform for Action, for the empowerment of women and to achieve gender equality
- Women in the Technology Sector: Recognizing success in the promotion of girls and women as creators, drivers, leaders and decision-makers in the technology sector
- Gender-Responsive Technology Governance, Policy and Access: Recognizing efforts to bridge the gender digital divide through strategies, policies and regulations that ensure enabling and foundational factors such as access, connectivity, security, digital literacy and citizenship.
- Please nominate yourself or others – individuals, civil society, public sector, UN system and international organizations, private sector – who have done exceptional work in the area.
- ITU and UN Women encourage men and women working in the ICT sector to nominate their colleagues – or themselves – with the final three winners to be selected by a committee of experts from ITU, UN Women, and 2014 GEM-Tech winners.
- Nominations: deadline – 31 July 2015
- Winners Announcement: December 2015
For More Information: