Application Deadline: September 7th 2015
The Queen’s Young Leader Award recognises and celebrates exceptional people aged 18-29 from across the Commonwealth, who are taking the lead in their communities and using their skills to transform lives.
Each year from 2014 to 2018, 60 inspirational young people will be selected to receive an Award and become ‘Queen’s Young Leaders’ – one for every year that The Queen had served as Head of the Commonwealth at the time of her Diamond Jubilee. The aspirations is for at least one young person, from every Commonwealth country, to receive a Queen’s Young Leaders Award for achievement in transforming their own lives and the lives of others.
Each application/nomination must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants/nominees need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements.
- Applicants/nominees must be aged between 18 and 29 for the year of the award and be citizens of a Commonwealth country.
- Applicants/nominees need to demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have over come challenges to achieve their goals.
- All applicants/nominees need to be supported by a suitable referee
- Winners of this prestigious Award will receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking, including a one-week residential programme in the UK during which they will collect their Award from Her Majesty The Queen.
- With this support, Award winners will be expected to continue and develop the amazing work they are already doing in their communities.
- As part of the Award, winners will receive bespoke mentoring and online learning provided by the University of Cambridge.
- All applications/nominations will be considered based on the young person’s achievements to date as well as their potential and their future ambition.
- Award winners will be short-listed by a panel made up of young people from across the Commonwealth and a small team of advisors representing the three partner organisations.
- The short list for Award winners will then be presented to The Queen’s Young Leaders Programme Board, which contains members from all three partner organisations, for final selection and decision.
Apply Now for the 2016 Queen’s Young Leaders Programme
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Queen’s Young Leaders Programme
I eagerly wanted to win this competition from Ethiopia….
[…] THE QUEEN’S YOUNG LEADERS PROGRAMME DISCOVERS, CELEBRATES AND SUPPORTS EXCEPTIONAL YOUNG PEOPLE FROM ACROSS THE COMMONWEALTH, LEAVING A LASTING LEGACY FOR HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN. […]