Application Deadline: 17th November 2018
The University of Dundee, in partnership with Leymah Gbowee Foundation, is offering one African female student from Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana, the opportunity to undertake a 1 year postgraduate taught degree at the University of Dundee. The scholarship award is up to £20,000 and covers tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses. Any additional costs relating to tuition fees will be covered by the University of Dundee.
The Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarships are open to students who are currently Liberian, Nigerian or Ghanaian nationals permanently resident in these countries and are female. (Must be free of immigration regulations). Applicants will be selected on the basis of their merit and potential evidenced by the information in this application.
Any student meeting the above criteria and formally accepted on an eligible Postgraduate Degree programme may apply.
To be eligible to apply for the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold an academic offer of entry to the University of Dundee for January 2019 entry
- You must be a Liberian, Nigerian, Ghanaian country national citizen
- You must be permanently resident in Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana at the time of your application
- Available to female applicants only
- Fee Status
Anatomy / Forensic Anthropology / Forensic and Medical Art, Architecture and Urban Planning, Biomedical Engineering, Business (Accountancy / Economics / Finance / International Business), Computing, Energy Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, Geography / Environmental Science, Law, Mechanical Engineering, Nursing and Health Sciences, Politics and International Relations
Up to £30,000
- Level of Study
- Mode of Study
- Start Date
- Helps With
Living costs, Tuition Fees
- Country of domicile
Overseas: Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria
How to Apply
- You must first assess your eligibility against the criteria above. You can then download and complete the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa Scholarship Application Form and return by the deadline to [email protected] using ‘Gbowee Scholarship Application’ as your subject. With your application form, you must also submit documentation to support your citizenship and permanent residence.
- Please ensure you include your Applicant ID number in all communications, as we cannot accept applications for this scholarship if you have not yet been made an offer of entry to the University of Dundee.
- A reminder that the closing date for all applications is 17th November 2018, applications after this date cannot be considered or amended.
For any pre-application enquiries and support, please email [email protected].
For More Information: