Application Deadline: June 1st 2015
The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and VICE have teamed up with the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism to create a special fund to support innovation in journalism. The partnership will encourage journalists to adopt new forms of storytelling, create new tools and curricula, and take the tools of journalism to new places and to the next generation of news consumers.
- The fund is seeking applicants pitching specific projects with clear goals and deliverables, that have the potential to create a substantial impact that serve a global, connected audience.
- Projects may encompass everything from investigative techniques to new presentation styles, to new tools for storytelling.
- The goal is to give the awardees a transformative experience, and to use the resources of VICE News and the CUNY Journalism School to support the development and distribution of their projects.
- Finalists will spend three days a week with VICE News staff, and two days a week at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism for a period of up to three months.
- Deadline for the first round of applications is June 1st.
- Applicants will be notified of their status no later than July 1st.
For More Information: