Application Deadline: February 16th, 2022.
The Africa AgTech & Inclusive Insurance Challenge aims to celebrate and support young entrepreneurs who are working at the intersection of agriculture, insurance, climate, and gender to build resilience for smallholder farmers. Businesses should have an existing insurance product for rural farmers, or be working towards introducing an insurance product as an additional product or service offering. The Africa AgTech & Resilience Challenge will support 5 finalists with one-on-one support to refine their business models, investment collaterals, and prepare for exposure to the investment community. Three winners will be awarded cash prizes to scale, refine, or launch innovative insurance products.
- Technology-led enterprises in sub-Saharan Africa who are offering solutions to the challenges faced in the development of agriculture resilience.
- If you are working on technology solutions that can help the development of agriculture insurance and index insurance, this challenge is for you!
- Even if you have not yet focused on applying your innovation to facilitating uptake of insurance for the agriculture sector, but see an opportunity of tailoring your solution to do so, you should apply.
Business owners must be under 30 years of age
Businesses must be operational in sub-Saharan Africa
Applicants must have a registered, for-profit business and generating revenues
Run a high-impact business that caters to rural communities, youth, and/or women
Operating in one or more of the following sectors: AgInsurance, AgTech, FinTech, Gender & Inclusion
Have a clear for-profit business model with high potential for scale
Have an experienced and dedicated promoter team
Are looking for funding in the range of USD $10,000 – $1,000,000
1) Win a Cash Prize to scale or launch an insurance product
- 1st Place wins $25,000
- 2nd Place wins $15,000
- 3rd Place wins $10,000
2) Receive one-on-one investment readiness support to improve the pitch and investment ask, as well as refine investment collateral
3) Advisory services from IFC insurance technical specialists
4) Pitch to an eminent Grand Jury and get feedback to
5) Share your business model with global investors
6) Attend the Sankalp Africa Summit 2022 (online and in-person) in Nairobi, where you can meet a global network of investors, donors, and entrepreneur support organization
7) Leverage dedicated exhibition space for your business to gain visibility and generate leads
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Africa AgTech & Inclusive Insurance Challenge 2022