Application Deadline: January 11th,2019
The Sony World Photography Awards is one of the most celebrated and diverse photography competitions in the world. Now in its 12th year, our goal is to showcase the best contemporary photography worldwide.
With the power to kick-start and shape careers, photographers are provided with an unprecedented stage to showcase their work, powered by a series of tailored global press and media campaigns. Previous winners and shortlisted photographers have gone on to be represented by renowned galleries and institutions, and their work has been featured in major publications around the world.
- The Awards are free to enter and open to all levels of photographer, from emerging 12-19-year-olds, enthusiastic hobbyists, and students, to established professionals. There is a competition and a category for everyone, from Architecture, Documentary, Landscape, Portraiture, Sports, Street Photography, Wildlife, Travel, Culture, and more.
- All images are judged by leading industry experts, who come together each year in London to decide the best images. A total prize fund of $30,000 (USD) plus the latest Sony digital imaging equipment is shared between winning photographers.
Global exposure is given not only to the overall winners, but also to the shortlisted photographers in each category.
Successful photographers can receive:
- Exhibition at Somerset House, London
- Potential to be included in international exhibitions
- Inclusion in the annual Sony World Photography Awards book
- Potential to work with Sony and other partners on a variety of projects
The World Photography Organisation has a thriving online presence and engages with photography enthusiasts and professionals worldwide via its:
Website & blog – Up to 250k unique visitors per month
International partnerships – 14+ international partners – See all our partners
- Offline events – Including meetups, portfolio reviews and exclusive talks
The Awards’ photographers are showcased across these platforms throughout the year – from a featured week on Instagram, to a showcase interview seen by millions, or the photographer’s latest show/news announced via our social channels.
The annual press campaign for the Awards generates huge interest not only in the winners, but for those on the shortlist too. Coverage can be seen everywhere from the world’s highest circulation newspapers and most read websites to spreads in luxury magazines and key photographic trade titles.
- Professional – Recognising outstanding bodies of work (closes January 11, 2019 – 1300 GMT)
- Open – Rewarding the world’s best single images (closes January 4, 2019 – 1300 GMT)
- Youth – Best single images by photographers aged 12-19 (closes January 4, 2019 – 1300 GMT)
- Student – For photography students worldwide (closes November 30, 2018 – 1300 GMT)
For More Information: