Application Deadline: June 1st 2017
The Postcode Lottery Green Challenge is one of the world’s largest competitions in the field of sustainable entrepreneurship. Green start-ups from all over the world can submit promising sustainable business plans from the 1 March 2017 until the 1 June 2017 for the 11th edition. The winner will receive €500,000 to further develop their product or service, and to bring it to market. The runner-up will receive €200,000. The winner will chosen by an international jury.
The Dutch Postcode Lottery started the competition in 2007, after being inspired by president Clinton to look for those dedicated entrepreneurs with brilliant green business plans. Plans that are ready to speed up the transition towards a low carbon economy. The answers to the issues of our time are already in front of us. But it takes entrepreneurs like our former finalists to raise those answers and get them out into the world.
- Innovative entrepreneurs from all over the world can submit their sustainable business plan.
- Submitting an entry is free of cost.
- should have the potential to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions by an amount you can roughly estimate
- should be developed enough to execute
- should be realisable as a usable product or service within the next two years
- should preferably have integrated Cradle2Cradle principles in their designs
Besides these criteria, the jury will also look at factors as: communication potential, courageousness and creativity.
- be willing to bring your idea to market yourself, and to commit to working with any organisation necessary for developing the product and/or implementing the service
- be 18 years or older
- agree with all our Terms & Conditions
- carefully answer all the questions on the entry form in English
- be willing to attend the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge in Amsterdam if you are selected as a finalist and present your idea to the jury (reasonable travel and lodging expenses incurred by one person per finalist will be reimbursed)
- Mid-July, the organization will announce the 25 nominees who are in the running towards becoming a finalist.
- Five finalists will then be selected Mid-August for the final round of the competition, where they will present their business plan in front of a selected audience and an international panel of experts during the grand final in Amsterdam on 14 September.
- After the decision round the judges will announce the winner of the €500,000 as well as the runner‐up.
For More Information: