Application Deadline: 13th August 2015
440 (the Nigeria-focused tech startup investment fund that is a JV between L5Lab and 88mph) has launched Deal Weekend Lagos, a 24 hour event on 4-5 September in which startups will compete to receive equity investment of between $100k and $250k. 440 guarantees that at least one deal will be signed in the 24 hours and that startups will receive mentorship from respected investors in the ecosystem who have all built their own businesses and can give their networks, expertise and funding.
- 440 are seeking to fund strong teams with web-mobile companies that are revenue generating, have demonstrated that there is a market for their product and are now looking to scale rapidly.
- Deal Weekend will include impressive investors who have themselves built successful businesses. So far we can confirm Kresten Buch of 88mph, Chika Nwobi of L5Lab, Elo Umeh of Twinpine Mobile and Bastian Gotter of iRoko. More will be confirmed soon.
During Deal Weekend, shortlisted startups will have the opportunity to receive mentorship from business experts and one-on-one time with the 440 investment team. Chika Nwobi of L5Lab who is Co-Founder and Director of 440 said, “Besides capital, one of the biggest needs of start-ups is access to experienced mentors, we are bringing together an all-star set of mentors from different backgrounds to help our startups.”
The selected startups will be at the frontier of the evolving mobile/web industry in Nigeria. Their businesses will use mobile/web technology to scale & disrupt traditional businesses, and target African consumers. They will be a part of creating a new generation of tech giants.” said Kresten Buch of 88MPH and Co-Founder of 440.
- Deal Weekend is on 4-5 September in Lagos
- Application deadline is midnight on 13th August 2015
- Startups can apply now on 440.ng
- 440 invests US$100-250k per startup
- Equity will depend on the startup company valuations
- Altogether 3-6 teams will get accepted to Deal Weekend
- The teams will be notiﬁed if they have been accepted by 21st August 2015