Application Deadline: July 24, 2015 @ midnight
The Points North Fellowship is a unique opportunity for five documentary filmmakers (or filmmaking teams) to develop their feature-length works-in-progress through a combination of focused industry mentorship, workshops, meetings and a public pitch session at the Camden International Film Festival.
he fellowship begins with a full day of intensive pitch training and focused industry mentorship prior to the start of the festival. These sessions will prepare filmmakers to pitch their projects to an international delegation of funders, broadcasters, distributors and producers before a live audience at the Points North Pitch on September 19. Each pitch lasts exactly 7 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of critical feedback.
Past panelists include representatives from:
- A&E IndieFilms
- Al Jazeera America
- Ford Foundation
- Sundance Institute
- Tribeca Film Institute
- Catapult Film Fund
- The Fledgling Fund
- San Francisco Film Society
- Chicken & Egg Pictures
- LEF Foundation
- Participant Media
- Naked Edge Films
- The Orchard
- The Points North Fellowship is open to filmmakers from all regions and nationalities with feature-length documentaries in progress.
- Following the festival, all Points North Fellows will receive a ticket to the Cinema Eye Honors (held in mid-January), an invitation to CIFF’s annual Cinema Eye Nominees Party and two nights of accommodations in New York.
- Taking place four months after the pitch, these events will give fellows an opportunity to connect with the wider documentary community and follow up on their pitches by setting up targeted one-on-one meetings with industry delegates.
- Selected fellows will receive two VIP passes to the festival, four nights of accommodations and a stipend to subsidize their travel to Camden. The Fellowship also includes two nights of accommodations in NYC for additional industry meetings in January 2016, plus tickets to the Cinema Eye Honors.
For More Information: