Application Deadline:June 30, 2021
Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program in 1980.
Applicant of non-Japanese nationality who meets all the following eligibility requirements is invited to submit application documents.
- Applicant must obtain Letter of Invitation from Host Institution in Japan.
- Applicant must hold Ph.D. (Doctoral degree).
- Applicant must be at the age of 49 years old or younger at the time when application documents
- Applicant must have sufficient abilities in the English or Japanese languages.
- Applicant should not have past or current experiences of staying in Japan.
(Except for short-term stay such as sightseeing and conferences)
- Applicant must have an occupation in your home county, return there upon completion of your
fellowship tenure and should contribute to development of your country
Host Institution in Japan:
Applicants are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry)
Monthly Allowance for research and stay, Insurance, Air Transportation (Round-trip air tickets to/from Tokyo), Start-up Fund upon Arrival.
3 to 6 months within the period between April and March.
Number of Fellowship Recipients:
10 or less
Applicant must submit the required documents in accordance with the latest announcement which can be
downloaded from MIF’s website.
Your application documents must be submitted to the following email address.
Submit to: [email protected]
Application Period : From April 1,2021 to June 30, 2021 (Japan Standard Time)
For More Information: