Application Deadline: July 31st 2015
Youth are invited to pitch their idea/initiative which engages youth in agriculture and food systems in a 3 minute video outlining how their initiative will help end hunger and malnutrition. All videos will be featured on the Youth Idea Incubator page of the CFS website.
- Ten youth will be selected to deliver their pitch in person to a panel comprised of inspiring individuals working on youth engagement and food security and nutrition, including entrepreneurs, social leaders, academics, and others.
- Youth will receive feedback on their ideas and establish contacts with a network of actors engaged in food security and nutrition.
- They will also be invited to participate in the full CFS plenary week.
The objective of the event is to facilitate capacity development of youth through feedback from inspiring individuals on their proposals to address food security and nutrition and networking opportunities with key stakeholders.
CFS is looking for youth who are tackling food insecurity and malnutrition. Are you:
- Someone with a bright idea about how to engage youth to end hunger and malnutrition?
- Are you 15 – 35?
- An engaging and inspiring speaker?
How to Participate:
- You’re invited to pitch your idea/initiative which engages youth in agriculture and food systems in a (maximum) 3 minute video outlining how your initiative will help end hunger and malnutrition.
- Upload the video to YouTube or other video hosting website with the hashtag #Y4FSN_CFS by July 31st, 2015 and send the link to [email protected]
Guidelines for Video Submissions
- The format should be MOV, MPEG, AVI, or MP4
- The submission must not include images that are copyrighted, obscene, pornographic or libelous
- Only one entry per person only
You should introduce yourself and what your idea is and how you would propose to accomplish it. The more passionate you are about your idea the more people will want to engage with you. Tell us how your idea transforms the status quo to engage youth more effectively in ending hunger and malnutrition
- Ten entries will be selected to deliver their pitch in person to a panel. Youth will receive feedback on their ideas and establish contacts with a network of actors engaged in food security and nutrition. Selected youth will be notified in early September.
- All travel costs and accommodation for youth speakers will be covered by CFS.
- All other ideas received will be featured on the official webpage.
- Call for Videos is published and disseminated: 1 July 2015
- Deadline for video submission, all videos available on CFS website Youth Incubator page: 1 August 2015
- Ten youth who submitted videos are contacted to arrange participation in CFS 42: 1 September 2015
- Panelists are invited to review youth videos/ideas in advance: 15 September 2015
- Event at CFS 42: 12 October 2015, 17.30 – 19.00 Iraq Room, FAO, Rome, Italy
For More Information: