Application Deadline: 30th October 2015.
The WEPs CEO Leadership Award of the Women’s Empowerment Principles – Equality Means Business (WEPs), a partnership initiative of UN Women and the UN Global Compact, recognizes business leaders for their exceptional championship of gender equality and support for the Women’s Empowerment Principles.
The Awards salute concrete and innovative actions taken to advance the 7 Principles and particularly Principle 1: Leadership Promotes Gender Equality.
Awards will be presented in March 2016 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City, where award recipients will have the opportunity to speak directly about their commitment to gender equality and the WEPs.
- Benchmark for Change
- Buisness Case for Action
- Community Engagement
- Cultural Change for Empowerment
- taking coordinated action and implementing
- policies to deliver powerful results aligned with the 7 Principles listed below.
- Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
- Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and nondiscrimination
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers
- Promote education, training and professional development for women
- Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
- Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy
- Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality
- Award recipients will have the opportunity to speak directly about their commitment at a ceremony held at the United Nations during the Women’s Empowerment Principles Annual Event, March 2016.
- The awardees will be notified by mid- December 2015
How to Apply:
For More Information: