Application Deadline: October 1st 2015
The nutrition fellowships provided by the Nestlé Nutrition Institute enable young health professionals from developing countries to access postgraduate training through leading institutions. Since 1981, more than 500 doctors and scientists have benefited from our fellowships and clinical grants.
The Nestle Nutrition Institute offers research grants in the fields of young women’s health, mother and child health and nutrition. NNI offer these fellowship grants to health professionals from anywhere in the world * applying for post-graduate research training.
- The duration of the training can last up to 12 months. All institutions offering a training programme in the area of Maternal and/or Child Health and Nutrition are eligible to be a host institution.
- Fellowships are available for post graduate qualifications only.
- Fellow has to be affiliated with an academic/clinical institution
- Potential candidates should submit an application describing their interest in participating in the NNI Pediatric Nutrition Fellowship (to access Application Form click here).
- The application form must be accompanied by the following:
- 1. Details of their current level of training,
- 2. Curriculum Vitae,
- 3. A plan of the proposed training/activity clearly indicating its specific outcomes and
- 4. Two letters of recommendation (1 from the institution where the candidate is working and 1 from the host institution*).
- 5. Letter stating intent to return to the home country upon completion of the training program.
*Host Institution (Sites) – any scientific institution offering a program in the fields of Maternal and/or Child Health and Nutrition
- To carry out a research project in a foreign country institution.
- The NNI will cover the fellow’s roundtrip travel to the host Institution, lodging expenses and a monthly stipend in addition to any host institution fees and some study related expenses up to 40’000 CHF.
- The amount of 40’000 CHF applies for the longer length projects (12 months).
- A proportion of this amount will be paid to shorter duration projects. The money will be given to the Host Institution which will disburse it to the fellow.
- In no case will any money be given directly from the NNI to the fellow.2. To attend a training course
- Such course could include, but is not limited to: learning a specific laboratory technique, statistics, nutrition, etc. In such cases the moneys assigned will be to pay course registration fees, round trip travel, lodging and living expenses and health insurance coverage for the duration of the course.
- Successful candidates will be required to start their training within 1 year of being notified of the fellowship award.
- Duration of the support for the research training lasts for a maximum of 12 months.
- Upon certification, fellowship awardees return to their home countries.
- Applications should be sent by email to [email protected] or faxed to +41 (0)21 924.28.36,
by February 28th/October 1st for the following year’s funding.
- Applications not accompanied by a letter of acceptance of the training institution will not be considered.
- Application will be reviewed and applicants informed of the outcome by November.
For More Information: