Application Deadline: August 20, 2023
Applications for the WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship are now open. WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship powered by De Beers Group develops leadership, innovation, well-being and employability skills required by young engineering and technology graduates to succeed in the industry and beyond.
WomEng Southern Africa Fellowship 2023 is a one-of-a-kind online learning programme which provides Fellows with resources that equip them to thrive in the future world of work. The programme includes regular online chats via WhatsApp and live virtual master classes held on Zoom. The programme will be run in four (4) modules from September 2023 with an assignment and feedback required at the end of each module. The programme is designed to shape the way young women in engineering and technology navigate the working world as confident leaders in industry. The programme is open to soon-to-be engineering graduates based in Botswana, Namibia and South Africa.
The four (4) modules to be covered include:
- Module 1: Leadership – Unlocking and Telling Your Own Story
- Module 2: Innovation – Developing Skills for the Future World of Work
- Module 3: Well-being – Learning to Recharge and Practice Self-care
- Module 4: Employability – Thriving in the Workplace
Engaged fellows will be invited to networking events with leaders from De Beers Group, Southern Africa Fellowship Alumni represented from all three (3) countries (Botswana, Namibia or South Africa).
- Applications are open to all engineering, technology and built environment students that identify as women.
- Applicants must be studying full-time at a university or university of technology in South Africa, Botswana or Namibia. Applicants that are not citizens of South Africa, Namibia or Botswana are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in the second last to final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies i.e. entering the workplace in 2023 or 2024.
- Applicants must be able to commit between 7-9 hours each month from September 2023 to participate in the programme. The programme is designed taking into consideration foreseen academic workloads and holidays.
- WomEng Fellowship alumni are not eligible to apply.
For More Information: