Application Deadline: 15 September 2023
The AIG–Imoukhuede Foundation Scholarships were launched in 2017 to provide a unique opportunity for exceptional West Africans interested in a career in public service to pursue a Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford. Since 2017, twenty nine scholarships worth over £50,000 each have been awarded to future public sector leaders who have demonstrated a passion for the public sector.
AIG Scholars spend the year at one of the world’s top universities, gaining knowledge from the outstanding academic faculty and expert practitioners and interacting with other future public sector leaders from around the world. After completing their degrees, scholars return to their countries and use their learnings to bolster policymaking, support reforms and contribute to their nation’s development.
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels
- Aged between 25 and 45 years
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years (combined private & public sector) work experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification
- Financial Support • Funding will be provided for tuition, living expenses, and a stipend for a summer project.
- Coaching and Mentoring • Extensive coaching and mentoring will be offered to help scholars navigate their time at Oxford and make the most of the experience.
- Career Development • AIG Scholars will receive full support to map out their career development paths and access opportunities that are aligned with their areas of interest and that leverage the knowledge gained at Oxford
AIG Scholars will embark on summer placements during which they will gain additional knowledge and experience of their areas of interest and build their global networks.
Monday, 31 July 2023
Admissions open for the 2024 intake
Friday, 15 September 2023
Deadlines for applications to the AIG Scholarships
Saturday, 23 September 2023
Invitation for Computer-Based Tests
Thursday 5 – Thursday 12 October 2023
Wednesday 25 – Monday 30 October 2023
Friday 5 January 2024
Deadline for MPP Applications
For More Information: