Application Deadline: May 24 2015
Journalists in Brazil, China, India, Russia and Sub-Saharan Africa have a chance to win a trip to the United States and cash prizes as part of regional competitions to recognize the best media coverage of maternal and child health and other urgent health matters such as Ebola and vaccination.
Stories focusing on these topics published, broadcast or posted online in Brazil, China, India, Russia and Africa between Dec. 1, 2014, and May 24, 2015, qualify for the contest.
Six winners will receive a cash prize and a 10-day study tour to the United States.
Contest topics may include:
• Reducing maternal, infant and child mortality.
• Reducing disease transmission from mother to child.
• Preventing malnutrition.
• Improving delivery of care and infrastructure for maternal and child health.
• Responses to the Ebola epidemic.
• Innovative approaches to delivery of vaccines
- Journalists employed by print, broadcast or online media in each country qualify.
- The contest is also open to affiliated freelance journalists. Submitted work must have appeared in a media outlet based in each region or distributed mainly in the region.
- Submissions may be made in English, French (Africa), Hindi (India), Mandarin/Cantonese (China), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian (Russia).
- Submissions in other languages must include an English translation.
- Applicants may submit more than one entry.
- Provide links to websites that published or aired the stories between Dec. 1, 2014, and May 24, 2015.
- You also can upload stories to YouTube/Vimeo, Dropbox, or SoundCloud and include links in this application.