Submission Deadline: May 15, 2015, 11:59:59 PM EST.
Essay Topic: “Road to Paris 2015: Vision, Reality, and Solutions for a meaningful Climate Agreement”
Global Energy Initiative is delighted to announce the 2015 Global Energy Essay Contest. This year, GEI is asking students to present their thoughts on the topic “Road to Paris 2015: Vision, Reality, and Solutions for a meaningful Climate Agreement”.
Participants must be:
- Currently enrolled students (e.g. B.A., B.S., M.A., M.S., M.B.A., M.Ed., Ph.D. or equivalent) OR
- Degree holders who will graduated in either 2014 or will graduate in 2015.
Formatting and Style
- Length of Essay: 1,000-1,200 words (excluding bibliography and citations)
- All references must appear as endnotes
- Students must produce their own work and cite sources properly and consistently
- Information used for research that is not cited in the essay should be listed in a bibliography page at the end
- The essay CAN NOT mention the participant’s name, university name, or location of university to ensure anonymity during the evaluation phase
- The essay must be written in English
- All submissions must be typed in Times New Roman, double-spaced, with standard one-inch margins and twelve-point font
All submitted essays will automatically be evaluated for the global and regional awards. The awards consist of two global winners and five regional winners.
The classification of regions is based on university locations in the main geographical regions: Africa, Europe and Russia, The Americas, South Asia and the Middle East, and East Asia and South Pacific Countries.
- Contest winners will receive their awards and have the opportunity to present their creative approaches towards building a sustainable energy future at the GEI Global Conference on Sustainable Energy Future, which will be held in 2015. Airfare and accommodation will be covered.
How to Enter
- Students should pre-register by filling out Global Energy Initiative’s online form HERE (preferred). Once the form has been successfully submitted, a confirmation receipt will be sent to the email address the student provides
- If the student is unable to submit the electronic pre-registration, they can email email@example.com with the contestant’s name, address, phone number, email address, and the name of the university where they are currently enrolled (alternative)
- Students should not pre-register by both online form and email
- Students should submit their essays through our online submission portal (preferred)
- If the student is unable to submit through the electronic submission portal, they can email their essay as an email attachment, in Word Document or PDF form, to EssayContest2015@GlobalEnergyInitiative.org
- The subject line of the email should read, “Global Energy Essay Contest 2015”
- Please name the file as follows: First & Last Name_University Name (ex: John Smith_University of Richmond)
- Essay must include a cover page with the contestant’s full name (with Mr. or Mrs.), address, phone number, email address, and University name
All essays must be RECEIVED by 11:59:59 PM EST, May 15, 2015.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2015 GEI Global Energy Contest