Application Deadline: August 6th 2018
International Finance Corporation (IFC) and International Youth Foundation (IYF) have launched a new publication Creating Value Through Global Youth Engagement: A Smart Investment for the Infrastructure and Natural Resource Industries. To highlight cases and best practices of engaging youth in the workforce, IFC is hosting a contest inviting young people to submit multimedia projects on the youth report’s themes and/or write-ups of examples of innovative youth engagement in action.
Engaged and mobilized youth can help energy, water, and transport sectors reach core business goals, core infrastructure and community development objectives. While it takes many forms, youth engagement offers tremendous opportunities for companies in emerging markets to prepare the next fast-growing generation of skilled workers, including young women; develop new value chains; mitigate sustainability risks; bolster local and national economic development; and capitalize on technical innovations and evolving communications.
The contest aims to inspire and create a dialogue on innovative ways to engage young people while addressing some of the problems and needs of communities and companies.
Themes and criteria
- Youth between the ages of 15 and 30 are invited to submit content around core themes of energy, water, and transport. Submissions can be in the form of (1) a multi-media project or (2) a case study. Feel free to reference the publication for inspiration.
- All submissions should be emailed to [email protected].
- The Competition is open to individuals aged 15 to 30 (herein defined as “Participants”).
- Participants’ ages will be determined as of 11:59 pm EST on August 6, 2018.
- The Competition is open to nationals of ALL countries. Participation is encouraged from eligible individuals with the drive to innovate regardless of their occupation (working professionals, students, NGO leaders, government officials, start-up creators, technical experts or any other).
- All submissions should be emailed to [email protected] by 11:59 am EST on August 6, 2018.
IFC will feature and promote Finalists’ and Winners’ ideas on the commdev.org website and social media platforms, and make efforts invite Winners to events* (for example: virtual webinars, virtual workshops, World Bank Youth Summit). Winners will also receive a certificate from IFC.
* Any event invitation would not include any expenses for travel or accommodation.
Multimedia submissions should highlight one of the report’s key area of opportunity focused on energy, water, and transport:
- Planning for the workforce of the future (see p.13)
- Rapid technological change (see to p.16)
- Resilient communities (see to p.16)
- Environmental impact and social change (see to p.19)
Submission formats can include:
- Video (horizontal and 60 seconds max)
- Graphic design (illustrations, painting or apparel),
The top submissions will be posted to IFC’s commdev.org website with attribution.
Submit cases and good practices around water, energy, or transport highlighting existing initiatives or project ideas focused on
- Innovative and creative youth engagement
- Benefits working age youth bring to the private sector
Submission formats will be short concept notes:
- 1-2 pages in length, all-inclusive – i.e. including all bodies of text, titles, headings, tables, textboxes, footnotes, endnotes, references, appendices etc.
- Top of the first page of the submission should contain:
- Home country
- Each case MUST contain the sections:
- Background/ Context
- Project Description
- Results (or anticipated/proposed results)
- Lessons Learned
For More Information: