Application Deadline: Friday, 21 April 2023 at 11:59 PM GMT.
The JournalismAI Fellowship Programme is a free online initiative that brings together journalists and technologists from media organisations worldwide to explore innovative solutions to improve journalism via the use of AI technologies.
The JournalismAI Fellowship Programme is participant-driven. Each team will organise and develop its work independently during the six months, with guidance from the JournalismAI team and regular check-ins with the rest of the cohort.
Each team will be provided with a coach/mentor, identified in coordination with the JournalismAI team, and will receive access to JournalismAI’s global network of experts, researchers, and innovators in the field of AI-journalism.
Over the six months, the teams will be guided through phases of definition, ideation, prototyping, and testing. The goal is to work together towards building AI-powered solutions that enhance reporting and storytelling.
- Applications are invited from candidates working in news organisations anywhere in the world.
- To take part in the programme, you need to have some experience working on products and/or stories that involve the use of AI technologies.
- Up to 30 journalists and technologists will be selected to join the 2023 Fellowship cohort and work together over the course of six months (June to December) towards building AI-powered solutions that enhance reporting.
The programme is designed so that fellows keep their jobs while they dedicate 8 hours a week to the Fellowship. Teams will be given financial support for project expenses, as well as mentorship and coaching from experts in the JournalismAI community.
The aim of the JournalismAI Fellowship Programme is to provide a safe space where fellows can explore and experiment with new ideas, away from the constraints of their day-to-day work.
Through project-based work, the programme aims to advance fellows’ AI expertise, benefiting their own professional development and enabling their organisations to accelerate AI adoption and implementation.
By the end of the programme participants will have:
- Improved their understanding of the potential offered to journalism by AI technologies
- Learned new methods and skills to experiment and prototype new ideas
- Developed their thinking about the role of technology in journalism
- Experienced the power of international collaboration
- Built trust between editorial and technical teams in their own organisation
- Gained new perspectives from a multicultural, interdisciplinary environment
- Learned about a set of AI-powered tools available for news organisations
- Developed an international network of like-minded news innovators
- Built a prototype of their AI-powered solution
- Shared their learnings with the global JournalismAI community
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the LSE JournalismAI Fellowship Programme