Application Deadline:August 1, 2014
The Ministry of Education and Science of The Republic of Macedonia announces this Call for Applications for full undergraduate scholarships, for the academic 2014/2015, at the University of Information Science and Technology “St Paul the Apostle” in Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia
The scholarships are available to outstanding students, not older than 22 years old whowish to pursue undergraduate studies in one of the following programmes:
(1) Faculty of Communication Networks and Security (CNS);
(2) Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE);
(3) Faculty of Information Systems, Visualization, Multimedia and Animation (ISVMA);
(4) Faculty of Information and Communication Science (ICS)
(5) Study Program of Digital Business Informatics (DBI)
(6) Faculty of Applied IT, Machine Intelligence and Robotics (AITMIR) and
(7) Study Program of E-Government, E-Business and E-Culture.
One full scholarship will be awarded to a candidate from each of the eligible countries:Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan,Barbados, 10 scholarships for Brazil, Cameron, People’s Republic of China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Gabon, Georgia, Ghana, 10 scholarships for Hungary, Indonesia, Israel, India, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lithuania, Malaysia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Portugal, Qatar, Poland,Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Slovakia, United Republic of Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia,Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Uzbekistan, Nigeria, Vietnam, Zambia and 15 scholarships for the Organization of American States.
The scholarship provides for:
· full tuition fees;
· visa and residence permit fees
· return air fare from the applicant’s home country;
· accommodation and food (full board) at the University’s dorm “Nikola Karev” in Ohrid, the Republic of Macedonia;
· a monthly allowance of 5,000 MKD (approximately 82 EUR);
All prospective students should note that the application process will be open until 01.08.2014. Candidates are required to submit an online application, which will be available on the official scholarship web site of the Ministry of Education and Science,www.stipendii.mon.gov.mkand www.mon.gov.mkfrom 01.02.2014 or submitted in hard copy, or electronically, to the respective Ministry of Education of the applicant’s home country. All students must send scanned copies of the required documents and the Application form to the following e-mail: [email protected]
To complete the application, the candidates are required to provide electronic copies from the following original documents:
· Official high school diploma or certificate (where applicable);
· Official transcripts;
· Proof of English proficiency. All students whose first language is not English are required to provide evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is appropriate for the programme they are applying.
The required evidence may take the form of either:
1. Substantial education (minimum 15 months) conducted in English and undertaken no more than two years prior to the date of enrolment
2. Acceptable English language qualification or test result. The qualification or test results must have been awarded no more than two years prior to the proposed date of enrolment.
Accepted results are:
– Grade C or better in English Language at GCSE / GCEO
– Grade C or better in English First Language at IGCSE
– Grade B or better in English Second Language at IGCSE
– An overall band of 6.5 or better in IELTS
– A score of 550 or better in the paper-based TOEFL (213 for computer-based, 80for internet-based)
– Subscores of 550 or better in Critical Reading and 550 or better in Writing in SAT
– Grade 4 or better in the Higher Level English Language (B Syllabus); or grade 5 or better in the Standard Level English Language (B Syllabus); or grade 4 or better in the Higher or Standard Level English Language (A1 or A2 Syllabus); or grade 4 or better in the Standard Level English – Text and Performance; or grade 4 or better in the Standard Level English – Literature and Performance (A1 syllabus) at International Baccalaureate
· Official document certifying the candidate has no criminal convictions and is not under criminal investigation at the moment of application. Candidates should note that with the exception to some countries, these are two separate documents;
· Official general medical report, including medical tests for HIV and Hepatitis C;
· An electronic copy of the Passport which must be valid for the next 4 calendar years;
· In addition, as part of the application, the candidates are required to summit contact details from two academic professors/teachers, who will provide letters of recommendation for the candidate. The candidates are advised to notify the professors ahead of time, in order for the references to be submitted within the application deadline. Both letters are confidential. In case they are sent as hard copy documents, they must be sent in a sealed envelope, signed by the originator of the reference across the seal.
All submitted documents must be in English or certified translations in English.
Candidates should submit their application together with all supporting documents to the following address:
Ministry for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia
Saints Cyril and Methodius Street, No.54
Republic of Macedonia
For More Information: