Application Deadline: October 21, 2022
McKinsey invites individuals who are passionate about Africa to apply to African Leaders on the Move to learn more about our offices, roles, and work in the region.
McKinsey has six offices in Africa – Johannesburg, Lagos, Luanda, Casablanca, Nairobi, Addis Ababa. McKinsey serves many leading African organizations across sectors including energy and materials, financial services, consumer goods and retail, telecommunications, infrastructure and logistics, as well as the public and social sectors.
McKinsey will host three similar ALM events in the United States. McKinsey encourage you to select a location that will be most suitable for you. Applicants should be in the US at the time of the event.
Dates and locations
Atlanta, GA: Wednesday, November 2
Boston, MA: Monday, November 7
Washington, DC: Wednesday, November 9
- McKinsey welcome applicants from various academic and professional backgrounds interested in pursuing an exciting career in consulting and passionate about working in Africa. Undergraduates, post-graduates, and professionals with up to eight years of experience are invited to apply.
- This event is non-evaluative. It is an opportunity for you to get to know us and learn more about working with McKinsey in Africa.
Attendees will have the opportunity to do the following:
- interact with McKinsey leaders as they talk about their entrepreneurial journeys, personal experiences, and expertise
- participate in insightful discussions on various topics as you learn about McKinsey Africa
- learn about the potential opportunities offered in Africa
- engage in social activities and connect with McKinsey colleagues and fellow participants
How to apply
To be considered for the African Leaders on the Move event, we ask that you submit the following:
- Your CV in English (2 pages maximum). Your CV should include details of your education and grades, work experience, and extracurricular activities and achievements.
- Africa office location preference. We advise you to make your choice based on geographic ties—that is, you have studied or lived in the country. You should be fluent in the local language and meet work eligibility requirements of the country where the office you apply to is located.
- No cover letter is needed.
- No business experience is required.
Deadline to apply: October 21, 2022
Those selected to attend will be notified via email.
For More Information: