Application Deadline: March 10th 2017
Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) is calling South African techies and entrepreneurs to join its next dynamic cohort of trainees, with the opportunity to become world-class software developers and receive funding for their tech startups by entering the fully sponsored year-long program in Accra, Ghana which begins August 2017.
Joining the program exposes the entrepreneurs to new and diverse cultures, builds them to become globally competitive, and makes them eligible to receive seed-funding of USD $50,000 – $100,000 from the Meltwater Foundation.
Recruiting from South Africa, in addition to Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya and Cote D’ivoire is a deliberate move by MEST to create a pan-African network and curate a rich pool of talent and ideas. MEST aims to increase the rate of entrepreneurship adoption amongst African youth, drive more external investment to the continent, and in 2018 launch an Incubator in Johannesburg or Cape Town for MEST-graduated South African entrepreneurs to build a base and work on home soil.
- The entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) who are accepted into MEST also receive perks that allow them to focus 100% on building globally successful software companies:
- housing accommodation for a year in Ghana, three meals a day, and a small monthly stipend.
All interested and eligible South Africans must:
- Have deep passion to build a globally successful software compan
- Have several years entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- Be able to commit spending a year in Accra, Ghana participating in the MEST training program starting August 2017
- Think you’re a perfect fit for MEST or know someone who is? Start the application process here or contact [email protected].
- Please note that the deadline for application in South Africa is March 10th.
For More Information: