Application Deadline: Tuesday, 28 February 2017
- Do you have great ideas to change your community?
- Does your business support your society?
- Are you a role model to people around you?
Apply for the Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI) Regional Leadership Center (RLC) Emerging Leaders Program – A President Barak Obama and USAID youth initiative!
United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the RLC are enthusiastic about establishing the YALI Emerging Leaders Program to provide the tools, opportunities and leadership skills tailored to empowering young African leaders across West Africa.
The YALI Emerging Leaders Program is seeking to gather a diverse group of leaders who are trying to make Africa better. Emerging leaders take many forms—they can rise up in their communities, organizations, schools or businesses. They can be tall or small, loud or quiet, an executive or a community organizer—together, leaders drive change.
The Emerging Leaders Program will teach young African leaders about modern leadership over a period of 17 weeks. The program will be broken down into four phases – a 5 week coursework phase delivered in-person in Accra, Ghana, or online and the remaining 12 weeks (back home) distributed equally among a mentorship program, internship or community service, and a report writing period. Focusing on the onsite 5 weeks coursework phase, it will entail three core courses (Leadership and Accountability, Ethics, and Contemporary issues affecting Africa) and one elective track that you select based on your goals, namely Business and Entrepreneurship, Civil Society Leadership and Public Service Management.
Please note there will not be any travel outside of Africa. All selected candidates will be trained at the RLC at the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA).
Candidates wishing to apply must be…..
From the following countries:
- Ivory Coast
- Burkina Faso
- Sierra Leone
- The Gambia
Interested in the following sectors:
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Civil Society Leadership
- Public Service Management
Of the following key characteristics:
- Must be 18-35 years of age
- African citizen
- No criminal record
- No educational requirement, however you must be able to read and write in English
- Must have a valid international passport to travel
If you are selected to participate in the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra program, all of the following expenses will be covered by the program:
- Visa to Accra (if required)
- Round-trip travel from your country of citizenship* to Accra, Ghana
- Transportation to/from kotoka International Airport to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra for all non-Ghanaian participants
- For Ghanaian, transportation to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra will be provided for from your location of residence
- Customized academic and leadership course;
- Accident and sickness benefit plan
- Housing and meals
- Stipend to cover miscellaneous costs when in Accra.
* The Program will only cover your transportation costs to and from Ghana if you are residing within one of the countries served by the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra. If you reside outside of the defined region, YALI will only pay the cost of transportation to/from Accra from your country of citizenship and you will be required to cover any additional costs
For More Information: