Application Deadline: September 25th 2016
Discovery Entrepreneurs MedTech Silicon Valley Programme is a new and innovative Enterprise and Supplier Development support offering by Discovery. The programme objectives are to provide local medtech entrepreneurs with the opportunity to network and learn in a global market, as well as gain access to tailored support for business growth.
Twenty selected entrepreneurs will spend a week in the San Francisco Bay area exploring the latest in global technology-driven innovation. Programme participants will also be provided with pre and post trip business development support and facilitated access to procurement, supply chain and investment opportunities within Discovery.
This opportunity is open to all enterprises that comply with the following criteria:
- Are South African-registered enterprises
- Are tech-enabled and active in the health or wellness-related sectors
- Are post-revenue, with evidence of a transacting history of at least one year
- Have the potential to scale outside of South Africa
- Qualify as a small to medium enterprise with an annual turnover of less than R50 million
Preference will be given to:
- Enterprises that can demonstrate innovation – either in terms of actual product or service, delivery model or social innovation (broad base market reach);
- Enterprises that are at least 51% black-owned
- Selection interviews: Short interviews scheduled for 6 and 7 October in Sandton Johannesburg (video option available for out-of-town candidates).
- Programme selection is at the discretion of Discovery, and is based on an assessment of the enterprise and product or service offerings, in terms of innovation and the use of technology for advancement of the health and wellness sectors.
- Discovery Entrepreneurs MedTech Bootcamp: :
- Friday, 28 October, 15h00 – 20h00, Sandton, Johannesburg
- Saturday, 29 October, 08h00 – 18h00, Sandton, Johannesburg
- Sunday, 30 October, 09h00 – 15h00, Sandton, Johannesburg
- Pre-trip advisory support: 5 hours of business mentorship scheduled between 31 October and 25 November (Skype option available).
- Trip to Silicon Valley, USA: Departing Saturday, 26 November and arriving back in Johannesburg on Monday, 5 December 2016
- Welcome home event: Sandton, Johannesburg. (Date to be confirmed)
- Post-trip advisory support: 5 hours of business mentorship scheduled for early 2017 (Skype option available).
Please note that in order to develop the customised business support programme and track and monitor progress, businesses will be required to complete compulsory detailed business baseline assessments, as well as submit regular short feedback reports.
Step 1: All candidates must complete the full application form. This document will be used to assess the suitability of the enterprise and the applicant for this programme.
Step 2: Successful first round candidates are invited for a face-to-face or video conference interview at Discovery. This interview is used for further interaction and engagement to assess suitability for the programme.
Step 3: The final selection round is a due diligence of the candidates selected in Step 2. This is the final stage of the selection process. The due diligence process is to ensure that the entrepreneur and his/her business are best suited in meeting the programme’s objectives, and that all of the data provided is correct.
For More Information: