Application Deadline: January 5th, 2017
Organising festivals, planning exhibitions, monitoring budgets and launching advertising campaigns: cultural managers shape the cultural scenes in the Arab region. While responsibilities have been expanding, practical experience alone is not always sufficient for success. Hence there is a strong demand for well-connected and adequately trained protagonists in the cultural scenes of the Arab region.
Therefore as part of the KULTURAKADEMIE Programme, the Goethe-Institut is offering a six-week cultural management training for members of non-state cultural institutions from the Arab region between April 24 and June 2 2017 for the seventh time since 2011. 15 participants will be trained in Germany in fields like
• Basics of Cultural Management
• Cultural Policy
• Communication and Marketing
• Audience Development
- The theoretical seminar phase is an excellent opportunity for the participants to discuss their own project plans in-depth with experts from both theory and practice. Afterwards there is the opportunity to apply for a project development fund in order to implement the finalized project plan.
- The seminar language is English.
- In addition, individual project-related guest visits to partner institutions of the KulturpartnerNetzwerk of the Goethe-Institut all over Germany will offer the participants further opportunities for professional networking.
- The participants are encouraged to search
- actively for the most beneficial guest visit in order to establish contact with suitable
German partner organisations.
The programme aims at professionalizing Arab cultural sector workers, developing a
sustainable pan-Arabian network between cultural institutions as well as promoting
cooperation between Arab and German cultural institutions.
The cultural management training will be conducted by both Arab and German trainers.
Target Group “Independent“, non-state protagonists from various cultural fields from the Arab region (e.g. curators, (executive) employees of cultural centres, festival organizers, gallery owners as well as theatre and film professionals).
Requirements for participation:
• At least three years of relevant professional experience in the cultural sector
• Very good command of English
• Application with a specific project proposal
Algeria, Egypt, GCC Countries, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen.
Participants will be selected by the respective Goethe-Institut in North Africa / Middle East
(e.g. Goethe-Institut Tunis for applicants from Tunisia) and in consultation with the
independent Arab cultural organisation Al Mawred Al Thaqafy (Culture Resource).
- The Goethe-Institut is covering the costs for airfare, insurance and accommodation expenses as well as an allowance for the duration of stay in Germany. Depending on the grant approval by the German Federal Foreign Office to provide funds, the Goethe-Institut reserves the right to claim a deposit from the participants.
• Deadline: January 5th, 2017
• Participant selection: beginning of February 2017.
Qualified applicants will be invited for an interview via telephone or skype.
• German language course: prior to departure for Germany (optional)
• 24.04.2017 – 28.04.2017 Introductory day and visitors programme
• 02.05.2017 – 05.05.2017 Seminar Phase, Part 1
• 08.05.2017 – 12.05.2017 Individual project-related guest visits
• 15.05.2017 – 26.05.2017 Seminar Phase, Part 2
• 29.05.2017 – 02.06.2017 Workshop on the Project Development Fund and Evaluation
For More Information: