Application Deadline: January 28, 2022 at 12 noon
The ARES scholarships offer you the opportunity to follow a one-year advanced bachelor’s or master’s degree program or a 2-to-6-month continuing education program within a higher education institution of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation in Belgium.
Do you come from an ARES partner country, hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree, have professional experience and would like to specialize by pursuing studies in Belgium? Student of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation? How can ARES help you in your development cooperation projects?
Are you a national of an ARES partner country? Do you have a higher education degree? Do you have professional experience and would you like to deepen your skills in a development-related topic?
In order to be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be national, reside and work in one of the following countries: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Guinea (Conakry), Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam and Zimbabwe.
- Hold a diploma comparable to a graduate level degree (300 credits ECTS) from Belgian university studies for advanced masters and countinuing education courses (equivalent to Bac+5); Hold a diploma comparable to a undergraduate level degree (180 credits ECTS) for advanced bachelors (equivalent to Bac+3). The candidate must have held the relevant academic degree for a maximum of 20 years at the time of the start of the course. This maximum period is increased by one year by childbirth and/or adoption.
- Possess relevant professional experience in a ARES partner country of at least two years after graduate studies for advanced bachelors, after postgraduate studies for advanced masters and countinuing education courses.
- Complete the application in the language in which the training is given and can attest a good written and spoken knowledge of it. Moreover, knowing a minimum of French allows for a good integration into daily life in Belgium.
- Apply for only one training course.
Please note that compliance with the admissibility criteria does not guarantee selection and eligibility for the course (see Selection Criteria).
Applicants should not obtain prior admission to one of the French-speaking institution in Belgium in order to be considered for ARES scholarship.
Application files will not be considered if they:
- are not completed in their entirety and are not accompanied by the required documents (certified copy of the diploma, etc.). A certified copy is a copy of the document on which it is stated that it is « a true copy of the original » with the stamp and signature of the competent authority (notary, town hall, municipal administration, etc.) ;
- do not clearly mention compliance with the admissibility criteria specified above (certified copy of diploma, age, professional experience, etc.).
Applying for an ARES scholarship is completely free. ARES does not charge fees at any stage of the application nor selection process. You may inform us via e-mail at [email protected] of any problems with individuals or companies claiming to represent ARES and request any payment.
Which training courses are available?
Within the framework of the ARES 2022-2027 cooperation program, three types of training are offered through the international training scholarships:
- Advanced bachelor’s and master’s degrees are inter-institutional training programmes organised in one academic year and at the end of which an academic degree is awarded.
- Continuing education programs are more practical and of shorter duration (2 to 6 months). They deliver a certificate.
- Bachelier de spécialisation en Business Data Analysis
- Bachelier de spécialisation en pédiatrie et néonatologie
- Master de spécialisation en droits humains
- Master de spécialisation en gestion des risques et des catastrophes à l’ère de l’anthropocène
- Master de spécialisation en gestion intégrée des risques sanitaires
- Specialized Master in International and Development Economics
- Specialized Master in Microfinance
- Specialized Master in Public Health Methodology
- Master de spécialisation en sciences de la santé publique – analyse et évaluation des politiques programmes et systèmes de santé internationale
- Master de spécialisation en transport et logistique
- Master de spécialisation – Design d’innovation sociale
- Master de spécialisation en Nexus Eau-Énergie-Alimentation
- Formation continue en science des données pour la santé mondiale
- Formation continue en pédagogie universitaire numérique
- Certificat interuniversitaire et interdisciplinaire en justices transitionnelles
- Formation continue – Comprendre et gérer les dimensions humaines des projets de changement en développement durable
- Formations continues en assurance qualité et contrôle en qualité des médicaments et produits de santé
- Formation continue en système d’information géographique libre
Each year, The ARES awards an average of 130 scholarships Master’s and Bachelor’s scholarship and 70 Countinuing education scholarships to nationals of its partner countries.01/ Amounts for a Bachelor’s or Master’s scholarship
|International travel costs||Receipts must be provided||Economy-class travel on an IATA-approved airline, with a maximum of one round-trip ticket per academic year.|
|Living allowance||Lump sum||For a duration of 12 months.|
|Indirect mission costs||Lump sum||This amount is given once per stay, upon arrival of the scholarship holder.|
|Registration fees||At the current rate for DGD scholars.|
|Insurance costs||Directly paid by ARES.|
|International travel costs||Receipts must be provided||Economy-class travel on an IATA-approved airline, one round-trip ticket.|
|Living allowance||Lump sum||For the duration of the course.|
|Indirect mission costs||Lump sum||This amount is given once per stay, upon arrival of the scholar.|
|Insurance costs||Directly paid by ARES.|
How to Apply:
Applications for scholarships must be submitted in accordance with the application procedure and meet the eligibility criteria described below. The selection of scholarship holders is made by a selection panel for each training course after analysis of their administrative admissibility by ARES.
All applications received between the first and last day of the call will be treated equally. ARES encourages applications from women. For equal quality, women will be given preference.
For More Information: