Application Deadline: June 13, 2016.
- How would you use $500 to help kids in your community?
- If you had $500, how would you use it to solve an issue affecting children?
- Tell Reach for Change about your idea or initiative to improve the lives of children in your community and you could win a $500 prize to make your idea a reality!
Every year, Reach for Change Africa commemorates the Day of the African Child to draw attention to children’s rights across the continent. We believe that children are everyone’s business and we invest in children because they are our future leaders, co-workers and customers. But children are not only our future – they are also our present.
Every child is a unique individual with their own rights, here and now. That is why we are proud to take part in the Day of the African Child and to promote the rights of all African children, to provide platforms for people to discuss issues affecting our children and to support ideas that improve the lives of African children.
- To be eligible for this contest, you must be a resident of an African country. African youth are encouraged to apply.
Here’s how to apply:
1. In 200 words or less, explain how you would use the $500 to impact children in your community. Start with the text: « If I had $500 to improve the lives of children in my community…. » Finish the post with the hashtag: #TheChildCannotWait
2. Take a photo of yourself holding up a sign with the name of your idea and the hashtag #TheChildCannotWait written on the sign.
3. Post your photo along with your pitch on Facebook. Be sure include the hashtag: #TheChildCannotWait in the post. To ensure that we recieve your application, you must set your post to PUBLIC – if not, we may not receive your entry!
4. Make sure that you post your idea before the deadline. The last day for entries is June 13, 2016.
Determining the winner:
- The top 3 candidates will be selected and notified on June 14 by Reach for Change Africa.
- A public poll will be posted on the Rage for Change Africa Facebook page on June 14, 2016 and a public vote will be open until June 16, 2016 at noon (12:00 pm Central African Time).
- The candidate who receives the most votes will be announced on Facebook on June 16 at 3 pm CAT and will win $500 from Reach for Change Africa to turn their idea into action!
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Reach for Change Africa African Child Innovation Contest 2016